“Excellent food accompanied by amazing view”

Restaurant La Concepcion
Ranked #3 of 451 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us by a local and it really was as good as promised. The view, even at night, was impressive but would be even better during the day I imagine. Food was great - i had a ceviche followed by crab filled ravioli in a white sauce accompanied by a sauvignon blanc. In a word - delicious! Nice atmosphere, great service, good pisco sour and great local wine. Lovely!

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Had a lovely meal here tonight, my main a gnocchi, chicken and mushroom dish was yum!! The choc mousse was one of the best I have ever had, but was glad hubbie and I shared it as it would have been a sugar overload. The waiter we had, Miguel was brillant, his english was excellent and compensated for my hopeless Spanish. Would have no hesitation in recomending this restaurant, give we went here from a TripAdvisor previous recommendation.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

After an exciting day walking around Valparaiso with "Tour 4 tips", we were more than ready to enjoy our lunch at La Concepcion. We were seated at a table inside with a perfect view of Valparaiso. The waiter was very pleasant, and he recommended his favourite dish, the Crab Ravioli, which was a delicious dish.
The desert completed an excellent meal at a very good price. I cannot recall the name of the desert, but look at the picture in my review.
Enjoy!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We stumbled into this place because we saw the great back deck with a fabulous view of the Valparaiso harbor. We went here on a whim, and *boy* are we glad we did. My mom ordered the crab and almond filled ravioli which was to die for. I took a risk and ordered the eel which the waiter insisted was one of the best dishes on the menu (the other being the ravioli). I had never eaten eel aside from unagi before, so it was a wonderful surprise when I tasted it. Just delicious! All in all, great food and a *guapo* and *attentive* wait staff who know presentation!

Reviewed April 24, 2014

The garden area we sat in was beautifully laid out with many interesting plants and flowers - superb! The service was great, the food and wine beautiful. The Pisco Sour was Peruvian and delicious!