“Surprise”

Ranked #7 of 36 Coffee & Tea in Valparaiso
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Color Cafe sure is a special place not to be missed in a special city – as Valpo is. I was surprised on how good the food was when I was taking the small kitchen into account. It is clean and well run and the interior is a sight of its own. During my 5 day stay in Valpo I was almost everyday at Color Cafe, cause the value was just so much more than the places around. The only other good choice to me was “el Desayunador”. Keep Color Cafe going Martin! Saludos desde Alemana.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

It was a bit dark for my liking but it was a very interesting cafe. It had local art plastered all over the walls with several installations. We tried their toasted sandwiches and loved them. Compared to all the options in a 3 block radius, prices were affordable. I reccomend the place for lunch.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

New Years Eve dinner here was terrible. The food sucked, the drinks were awful and the service was pathetic.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

This was one of only two small restaurants open on Sunday Night of Chile's Independance day Weekend.

The food was not fancy, but well prepared and tasty, I had a potato and sausage Tortila (ie, Fritata) my wife had pancake sandwich. We shared a nice salad.

The owner was freaking out because it was totallly full because they were the only restaurant open, so service was a bit slow which was understandable.

This is an excellent place if you want an inexpensive, light meal, or if nothing else is open in the area..

Reviewed September 20, 2011

I just spend the weekend in Valpo for Fiestas Pietras and my friend and I stumbled upon Color Cafe. We had lunch, then went back later for tea, went for tea the next day, and dessert later. We absolutely loved this place. Recommendation: we had the lunch of the day which included this delicious vegetable soup and bread. Also, the hot chocolate is probably the best I've ever had. For dessert, try the panqueque with manjar. The torta de manzana, mote con huesillos, and kuchen de coco y manjar weren't quite as good as the other food we had. The ambiance is really chill, obviously really colorful and it's a great location about a minute walk from the top of ascensor concepcion. We also stayed at Casa Fischer Hostal (definitely recommend) which is about four minutes from the cafe.