“Lovely atmosphere in back yard, great food”
Review of Baco Vino y Bistro

Baco Vino y Bistro
Ranked #27 of 4,899 Restaurants in Santiago
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Providencia
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We got this restaurant recommended from our hotel, and just showed up, without reservation, and that was no problem. We sat outside, in the backyard, which had a great atmosphere, felt like you were a "local", sitting in your apartment block's back yard! The food was great, and the selectioon of wines (also by glass), was very good. The service was a bit slow and the waiters not very enthusiastic; this makes my rating "very good" instead of "excellent".

Write a ReviewReviews (2,194)

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Ate here last night and it is a winner. I had the beef and linguini as pictured and my wife had the duck. Duck was cooked to perfection. Waiter was very good, spoke English and was patient with our decisions. Dinner for 2 was excellent and reasonable, about $50 including desert and 2 glasses of wine. The Pinot noir was excellent. Here for the week and will go back.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I´ve been living in Santiago for a year now and have only just been to Baco. It was great! I´ve been quite disappointed with restaurants in Santiago in comparison to other cities but Baco has lifted my opinion. Great atmosphere and lay out. Plenty of space and you don´t feel crowded by the table next to you. Four of us shared a platter with some duck breast, foi gras and some other yummy things while enjoying a bottle of wine before dinner. I spotted confit duck on the menu and as it is my all time favourite I had to order it (as did someone else in our party). The skin was crispy and perfectly rendered. I loved it. I think the wait staff should have recommended some sides as all the mains came with was sliced sauted potato. Something green to cut through the duck fat would have rounded my meal out perfectly. Another friend ordered camarones (prawns) as a main but there were only two on the plate! That was probably the disappointment. The wine list was great with some really interesting and unique Chilean wines on offer. The staff spoke English which was helpful as we weren´t all completely fluent in Spanish. The service was a bit hit and miss (but super friendly and knowledgable when we got it) and we ended up refilling our own glasses, but then the overall experience was such a great night, it really didn´t matter in the end. I plan on making this a regular,

1  Thank Leigh M
Reviewed November 11, 2012

While wandering around Santiago we stumbled across this great restaurant / wine bar. We had Fillet Steak and bottle of Malbec which were both good quality and reasonable value. The service was very good and some of the staff could speak English which was very helpful as our Spanish is very limited. The restaurant is a little tucked away but worth taking the time to find.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

This was the best place we ate at during the week we spent in Santiago de Chile. Big choice of wine "per copa", lively atmosphere and very nicely laid out restaurant. Very good French dishes (I had a super steak tartar!) and very nice service at reasonable prices.

1  Thank UbErich F