“Great food and value”

Neighborhood: Providencia
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Great food and value”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The food was amazing and lived up to the recommendations here at trip advisor. It was very fairly priced - we had two appetizers, two entrees, dessert, and 4 drinks for about $60. A steal in my opinion for the quality of the food and caliber of the service. The only drawback for us was that there is very little seating outside (much more inside) and being outside in the summer is clearly where it's at. If you go, I'd recommend trying to get a reservation for outside.

Visited January 2013

Santiago, Chile
“A chef that is always looking after his costumers”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I think the first thing that impressed me here is that the chef and owner was constantly around and paying attention to the service and if his costumers were receiving the right treatment. The outside sitting area is simple but pleasant, specially at night, during the day it can be noisy, and inside the decoration is simple and good. The service was good, considering a busy night. For main meal me and my wife had fish, it was good, not great, and I also know it is not the best of the house, next time I shall try the meat or lamb. It´s a place I would like to come back and try again.

• Visited January 2013
Canberra
“Reasonable”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We were staying at the hotel Orly right next door and didn't want to walk too far so decided upon Del Cocinero after reading the reviews here.

The wait staff are very good. All speak English and are friendly.

I ordered the scallop ravioli as a main and was disappointed. Something about Chile and scallops where they leave the scallop roe on. Personally it's the worst part of the scallop as when cooked, it turns into rubber. However the ravioli contained a single whole scallop which is unimaginative. Instead they should be creating a scallop paste and filling the ravioli with the paste.

The Chocolate bomb as a dessert was the best. Soft runny centre that explodes across the plate and around the vanilla ice cream.

Prices are reasonable.

• Visited January 2013
Montreal, Canada
“You must go to Del Cocinero”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We just arrived in Santiago,and by some good fortune,our hotel was just next to Del Cocinero. We had a great dinner,from tapas to mains (go for the fish), to cheese,to a sinful chhocolate soufflé. All with a good pinot noir and a small bill. One of our best dining experiences worldwide. I would also like toy say that the chef was very generous in suggesting other excelent choices for dinner for the remainder of our trip. When back in Santiago, I will be back at Del Cocinero.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank PierreT51
Sao Paulo
“One of the best meals of our trip to Chile!”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We had some "tapas" to start with and some fresh raspberry juice, both delicious! If you see the tapas picture, our favorite one were the ones with two bottom ones (With chopped tomatoes and the other one with cream cheese).
The beef with mashed potatoes I choose was very tender, juicy, delicious and tasteful. We almost went there twice, but we kind of have a rule of not going back to the same restaurant on a trip, but it's definitely worth going back,

• Visited November 2012