“An unfortunate example of Chile”

Los Adobes De Argomedo
Ranked #520 of 4,783 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Chilean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Aside from the mediocre food and cliche show, our experience at this restaurant was all to representative of dark side of Chile. We had made a reservation weeks in advance and arranged for my in-laws to come from their farm outside of Santiago to celebrate mother's day at Los Adobes de Argomedo. At 12:15 we were the first people to arrive at the restaurant and were promptly shown to the furthest table hidden in the back corner of the restaurant, impossible to see the stage. Our complaint was received with indifference, but as our hearts had been set on trying this restaurant, we decided to stay. An hour and a half later, after watching my mother-in-law trying to crane her neck or stand up to see what was happening, we again complained that there were a number of unoccupied tables. At this point we were told that people had paid a "bonus" to hold those tables, an option we had never been given.
There is a minimum of around $30 USD required to eat here and we went expecting to spend money, unfortunately for whatever reason our money was not of value to them.
There are numerous restaurants with better food and places where you can see real Chilean dancing, I beg tourists not to support this type of over-priced tourist trap which only perpetuates the classism which plagues Chile.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

Pretty nice restaurant. Food and service are good. With live entertainment. Not pricey but they have minimum charge.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

I've come here a couple of times.My Chilean friend brings her tourist friends here quite often. We usually order the little portable bbq meal that comes with a combination of different bbq'd meats and it's always tasty. The show gives you a really good view of the different native dances throughout Chile. You can get out on the dance floor as well. For the price, I would say it's a decent night out.

Reviewed January 15, 2010

I have been in this restaurant many times during the years while bringing foreign guests. To me it's still the best place to show tourists a bit of the Chilean culture while eating some decent food. I saw many comments by locals ripping the place. While it's not top quality anything, it does the job. The waiters are all male and seem like they have been working there forever (not too many smiles), so don't expect too much. My food was good, but I feel that I knew what to order: A barbecue "Especial" for 2 people (only sirloin and 2 potatoes) and assorted salads.

Reviewed April 23, 2009

We were tipped off to this great restaurant by a local. We arrived for dinner about 9pm and the show started about 915 and it was terrific featuring dances from various parts of Chile.
The service was excellent and the food well presented. As the guests started to arrive, the tempo increased and the dance floor soon filled as diners danced the night away joined at times by the professional dancers from the stage. The Emcee was excellent and the stage band first class. This place is definitely worth a visit. Come early , stay late and dance your feet off.