“Fantastic ceviche ”
Review of Mestizo

Mestizo
Ranked #78 of 5,681 Restaurants in Santiago
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vitacura
Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

I had been here in January, for a glass of wine in the heat of summer. This time a cold winter evening inside and an excellent experience. Great service throughout we tried their incredible ceviche, followed by grilled octopus on a bed of really interesting Chilean mash. For dessert the "tres leches" was a wonder. We arrived early with a reservation which was a good plan - it was very quickly busy with a lovely atmosphere. Definitely somewhere I would return to again.

Date of visit: July 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (4,317)

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Don't get here without a reservation to avoid waiting hours. Located at the Bicentenario Park, it's one of the most wanted restaurants of Santiago. Decoration is actually simple and the service is a little confusing. About the meals: Ceviche wasn't the best I've ate in Santiago (Como Agua Para Chocolate makes it better), but I loved the steak tartar and my risotto with ossobuco sauce (a little bit sweety), although my son ordered one gnocchi with assado de tira sauce and it was tasteless. Everything is pricey, of course, and a party of four goes easily up to 100.000,00 chilean pesos, without wine or desserts. Overall, a good experience but not excellent.

Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

If you are in Santiago, make sure you go for this place. Great atmosphere with locals enjoying the night. Food fantastic paired with great Chilean wines. Try the octopus.

Reviewed June 29, 2017 via mobile

This was my third visit to this restaurant. I like the open spaces, casual atmosphere and good food. Entrana (or skirt steak) is highly recommended. The wine was good but gave us 2 bottles to 10 people, and then told us that they ran out. I think a shorter wine list and better stock would make more sense. Waiters were very busy but in the end we got the food in reasonable time given the number of guests in the restaurant. Nice terrace!!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed June 17, 2017

Went for dinner with a large group which normally results in substandard service, but that was certainly not the case. This is a large and very popular restaurant on the park in Santiago. Everyone in our group of 20 was very pleased. Good wine. I had the seared tuna and it was out of this world. The person beside me had the flank steak (goes by entrana) and raved about it. This place is definitely on my list for a return visit. I strongly recommend you make a reservation, because I am guessing that walk ins have trouble getting seated because it is so popular.

Date of visit: June 2017