“Cosy, charming and delicious”
Review of Le Flaubert

Le Flaubert
Ranked #195 of 4,745 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Providencia
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This restaurant has the right idea. There's a short but perfectly apportioned menu on a chalkboard and that's all you need. No specials, no changes. Far too many restaurants, I find, have far too long menus, meaning I spend ages choosing only to covet my neighbour's dish.

No such worries here. Our charming waiter, upon discovering our lack of Spanish took it upon himself to painstakingly explain each and every dish, complete with sauces and accompaniments. Santiago has no shortage of nice restaurants but a dearth of nice waiters to work in them. So this was very appreciated.

A round of pisco sours (for the hombres) and extra brut Chilean sparkling wine (for the damas) gave us all a pleasant buzz before a great slab of homemade paté and house bread rolls arrived for the entrée.

For mains, I had a perfectly cooked filet with another slice of paté and potato gratin. The others had the sea bass and very finely sliced steak atop with rosemary and sea salt. Everything was cooked superbly and tasted great.

Accompanied by a beautifully soft, mellow Carmenere from Vina von Siebenthal.

And some delectable desserts - creme brulee, ensalada de fruta and chocolate mousse.

We could have sat there another hour with at least another bottle of wine. This is a fantastic restaurant - cosy, charming and delicious. We will definitely be stopping back again to try the rest of the menu, and maybe a cup of tea.

There are newer reviews for Le Flaubert

Reviewed August 14, 2012

The first great thing at Le Flaubert is that at least on sunday there was no smoking area, so I could focus my olfate on the food. The lady that received us was very nice and educated and promptly took us to a nice table on the back looking at the garden, not amazing but at least green. I loved the fact that they don´t have a paper menu and instead a black board with the options hand written. For appetizer we ordered a fresh goat cheese with rosemary, green pepper corns and olive oil, simple and great. The wine was also served at the right temperature just waiting for the main meal. My fiancee had the duck and I had corvina, both well prepared, and I must say next time I´d rather have the duck. Unfortunately we didn´t have time for dessert. The service was good and the price acceptable (42000 pesos). And if you park at Providencia don´t forget to ask for the parking ticket for 1000 pesos, much cheaper than what the parking lot will charge you.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I went for lunch and it was really good food. The favours where superb and the place itself is really french and I was very pleased with my choice! Will be going back for dinner for a treat!

Reviewed June 17, 2012

I like this restaurant, specially for tea time. Excellent selection of teas and good pastries. Good service. at night the garden is lovely. I don't consider Le Flaubert to be rated No.7 in the rank, but I admit that they have good soups and bisques, and they have consistency over the years. The location is great. a little expensive but the quality is good. It's a nice place to have a romantic dinner in the garn or gather with friends to talk.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

We loved this restaurant. excelent food in a beautiful setting.