“Always good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Kintaro
Ranked #105 of 4,493 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Santa Lucia
Pleasantville, New York
“Always good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

In my many visits to Santiago I always visit Kintaro at least once. You can't beat the combination of quality and value. I love Japanese food and am delighted to find such a fine Japanese restaurant right in the area I always stay in. The owner always seems to be there and obviously maintains that high standard of freshness and expert preparation. I'll be back in the new year!

• Visited August 2012

Montreal, Canada
“Good sushi, fair price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Came here on a Thursday evening around 19:45. We had a variety of sushis and sashimis and enjoyed our food.
Service was quick and friendly.
Would return for sure.

Singapore, Singapore
“Wonderful, wonderful sushi run by Japanese”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

This restaurant was so good we ate here twice on our week long trip in Santiago. We actually found it by accident and we were very lucky. Good sign was Japanese owner milling about and other Japanese customers.

Go to Chile for seafood and best way to experience seafood is via sushi. The sushi was super fresh and very well made. Salmon was wonderful. We ordered the Funimori boat which had about 40 pieces in it and it was an excellent selection and variety.

Not so good were the gyoza which were very soggy – stick with the sushi.

We had an excellent meal here and returned again for another dinner – we were really pleased. Funimori board is excellent value for three people or more or other sushi combos.

The restaurant opens at 1830 for dinner. Try the ice cream place right a couple of stores down for some great ice cream.

This place is great and great prices as well.

• Visited November 2012
bld1986
“excellent sushi at ordinary prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I've been to Kintaro quite a few times as it's my partner's favorite sushi place in the Bellas Artes neighborhood. I like it too--it has very good, authentic sushi and I always enjoy my experience there. The service has never disappointed me and even though it can get pretty packed inside the relatively small restaurant, I like to look at it as a testament to how good the restaurant can be. Unfortunately, on one visit they had run out of palta (avocado) which limited our ordering choices, and as far as sushi restaurants in Santiago are concerned, I wouldn't say this is one of the cheaper options (though it's certainly not the most expensive either!). If you're looking for cheap-but-delicious sushi, my vote still goes back to Providencia for NIU; if you don't mind paying a little more to get the "real" Japanese experience in a neighborhood with lots of life though, Kintaro is a great choice!

• Visited November 2012
Los Angeles, CA
“Great sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Very, very good sushi. We both had Chirashi bowls and really enjoyed them. Easy to find although I think it may only be open for lunch. High quality sushi and a Japanese owner. The real thing!

Visited August 2012