“the best sushi!!? i'd say the worst i had so far...”
Review of Restaurant Japon

Restaurant Japon
Ranked #93 of 4,746 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Me and my spouse are a big sushi fans, we travel a lot and almost everywhere look for a good sushi place, so in santiago everybody told us we can't go wrong with Japon. Its the best Japanese restaurant in the city... What we got served there was a dissaster... Their Sashimi was bz far the worst one I had ever had... the pieces were big fat hard chunks of meat that tasted (and felt in the mouth) like rubber... specially tuna, which was also of a weird pink colour... very bad quality... the sushi was litteraly falling apart, very messy and sloppy... the main cours that we had was something also with tuna, again bad quality meat, dry, hard tasted more lak pork then tuna... out of ll of the nice restaurants in chile, this one definetly does not deserve its ranking.

4  Thank Currva P
There are newer reviews for Restaurant Japon

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We were taken here by friends who live nearby. We were promised wonderful sushi, and I would say we were not disappointed. The seafood (fish, shrimp, abalone, etc) was very fresh. To us, the rice used in the rolls seemed almost old, or at least oddly textured. We were surprised by the fairly large portions. It wasn't cheap; we paid about $100 US for sushi and saki for four. But it was a nice diversion from the local food scene.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Pretty good Japanese food!
All the food at Japon was good and being a Japanese girl being able to ask for natto was a real treat!
If you're in Santiago and need a break from the local cuisine and random Italian options go and check Japon out.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I found the recommendation for this restaurant in Frommer's travel guide to Chile, and we were not disappointed! It was possibly the best sushi I've ever had. The ingredients were fresh, and the rice was divine. If I'd had more time in Santiago, I would have happily eaten here again. It's in a cute little neighborhood, too.

My husband and I had been wanting to try sea urchin for years, but it's never on the menu at our hometown Japanese restaurants. They brought out a huge plate for my table to share (very reasonably priced).

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I discoved this fantastic Japanese restaurant, known mainly by the Japanese community (this is the best indication that the food they serve is typical Japanese, and therefore GOOD).
All their menu is good, and of course Very Fresh.
Attention is nice and frendly, and personnel very much considerate.