“Terrible food, no atmosphere, ok service”
Review of Salam Bombay - CLOSED

Salam Bombay
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Providencia
Wednesbury, United Kingdom
“Terrible food, no atmosphere, ok service”
Reviewed August 15, 2010

We went here on a recommendation and because we are making it our mission to find decent Indian food in Santiago. We were hopeful when we walked in as the restaurant is small and cosy with Indian music playing, but we were disappointed from the minute our starters arrived. I had chicken and lamb kebabs, which we really just meatballs and my partner had chicken wings. Both of the starters were raw in the middle - not good when eating chicken.The sauces that came with them were garlic yoghurt and some sort of mushed pea sauce. very strange. No poppadoms or mint yoghurt. The na'an bread was flat, greasy and undercooked in the middle,more like someone had stuck 3 chapattis together with paste and nothing like the lovely, fluffy na'an we are used to. They didn't have pilau rice only pilau peas(?!) again, very strange. I had rogan josh for main and if they didn't use a Patak's rogan josh curry paste as the base then I apologise, but trust me, I'm pretty sure they did. We asked for our food to be spicy but it wasn't really. In all, the food was pretty flavourless,apart from my main course and that was probably due to the help from Pataks, allegedly! (Don't want to get sued here) Chileans seem pretty unimpressed and disinterested in Indian food and to be fair, with the choice they have in the restaurants here, I can't blame them. Someone please come and open a decent Indian restaurant in Santiago to satisfy our cravings and to show the Chileans what good Indian food really tastes like.

1 Thank missmaxa