“Unbelievable atmosphere; very popular; you can watch them making your sandwich!!”

Fuente Alemana Alameda
Ranked #20 of 4,745 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Chilean, German, Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed July 23, 2014

This place is an original. As soon as you walk in and see the long counter with stools, you know you are in for something special. They make these apparently famous sandwiches. We really didn't understand the menu all that well, but someone with a little English helped us out. The sandwiches are huge!! They combine all these interesting ingredients. It's a full meal. You watch the waitresses prepare the sandwiches. They are all dressed in these great looking uniforms and one just wishes one could overhear their conversations, as they stand facing the customers at the counter and the customers are eating, facing them!! Don't miss it!

1  Thank Rose M
There are newer reviews for Fuente Alemana Alameda

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

If you like sandwiches this is the place to go... Best sandwiches ever!!! Try lomito or churrasco with heaps of avocado and excellent mayonnaise!!... To die for!!! Delicious!! The heaven of sandwiches!!

1  Thank Kako02
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I was lost, couldn't find anything good. The housemaid at my hotel told me I had to go here. I have trouble with the language, but they had an English menu. OMG these are the best sandwiches. Get the Lomito, and pay for the palta (avocado) mayo, tomato, and if you like sauerkraut, yea! These are huge. You don't need anything else. This is real chilean. I went back and back!

2  Thank music-professor
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stopped at Fuente Alemana on the tail end of a trip to Chile and was very glad I did. I had overlooked this one initially, but was instantly pleased. Based on my stop there during lunchtime I can tell you that this is a place the locals love, and it's easy to see why. The lomito is a great sandwich which consists of tender pork, mayo, avocado and tomato. Not only is it a great sandwich, but it is huge.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have been lucky enough to travel around the world and I discovered that us chilean have a big sandwich culture: we have them for breakfast, lunch, tea time or just when having a coffee.
Fuente Alemana is for me one of the best places for you to enjoy this part of our culture.
Sandwiches there are huge, really generous on the ingredients. I would recommend a "Lomito Italiano" which is a sandwich made of tender and juicy pieces of pork with Avocado ( we love to put avocado in all our sandwiches), tomato and mayonaise. Fuente Alemana does its own mayonaise and it is really good. If you are not big in pork, try the "Churrasco" , grill pieces of beef .
It has a really good selection of german beers as well but if you want to try a chilean beer order a KUNSMANN BEER, made in the south of chile by german inmigrants.
The place is not fancy,actually you eat sitting on stools around the counter but it is fast and really clean.
Try to avoid lunch time as it will be packed as there are many office building in the area.

1  Thank lundachile