“Overwhelming amount of food”

Fuente Alemana Alameda
Ranked #19 of 4,783 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Chilean, German, Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was taken here by my Chilean friend, and I was a bit shocked. The sandwiches are WAY too big to eat with your hands, but will fall apart if you try with a fork. The lomo was really tasty but they throw so many toppings on it, you can barely taste it. I got mine with palta, mayonesa, green bean things, and tomatoes and the amount of mayonnaise was more than anyone should eat in a month. Definitely avoid the mayonnaise! I would say only order this if you will split one with a friend or two and supplement with something a bit more nutritious.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

If you want to see how everyday Santiaguinos eat, go to Fuente Alemana. We had lunch here, showing up toward the end of the main lunch hour and it was still packed. We stood waiting, not really sure what the protocol was, until a super friendly waitress called us over to some stools that others were vacating. Our server was very nice and helped us order "traditional" sandwiches. Part of the experience is just sitting and watching the sandwiches being made in front of you. Tons of mayo, palta, sauerkraut. We had the lomito de cerdo sandwiches and they were tasty. Everything was fresh, the restaurant was clean, and it felt like we were a part of everyday Santiago.

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Superbly made, top quality ingredients and experienced staff who really care to give great service. I thought it was closed from a distance since there is no outside seating. Inside it's original and classic, almost American dining style with fixed seats and spacious table area. Subway is SO dull compared with this.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We are staying at Hotel Orly in the Providencia section of Santiago. My wife was hungry and I said I wasn't but that I would walk down the street with her so we could get something for her to eat. We came to this big diner style restaurant called Fuente Alemana which Lomito and other such sandwiches of beef, pork or chicken. With each you can add toppings of avocado, cheese, tomato and or mayonnaise or sauerkraut. This is all served on a sturdy bun. Beer and soft drinks are also served. The crowd of patrons is very friendly, all gathered to gorge themselves with these creations. There are at least 20 cooks and servers working hard to keep up with the demand. This was at about 8:00 p.m. My wife are half her meal and had the rest wrapped. Cost with drink about $7000 CHP or $14.

Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for local with a twist of old school then this is the place for you. meat, cheeses, avocado, mayo and tap beer. All good