“Very poor”

Neighborhood: Santa Lucia
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Very poor”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We went to this restaurant following a review in LAN and it was really disappointing and the worst meal we had in south America in 3 weeks. The food was mediocre at best; the restaurant very hot in the evening and service was ok.

• Visited December 2013

Des Moines, Iowa
“Good small restaurant”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This was our first dinner in Santiago and it was a good solid choice. The server spoke English which is good since we only know a few words of Spanish. On the window it is called out that French and English is spoken there. The atmosphere is casual and friendly with a good selection of food and wine. This is a place we would certainly go back to.

• Visited November 2013
“French environment but poor food”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Les Assassins is a small restaurant, with poor quality food and very distant service (I appreciate when servers come and check on the table every now and then...). Honestly, I had high expectations and thought I was going to eat beautiful French food, as suggested by the venue. However, my dish, a fish with Roquefort sauce, was plain and the sauce tasted like out of a can.

The restaurant could use more wine choices. Tables are not really comfortable and the place is tight, so make reservations.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Com1980
“Expected Much Better”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was excited to try this pace recommended by a friend and Trip Advisor, but must say everything except the great Chilean wine was very ordinary. The sirloin tips were somewhat akin to what you'd expect from a can of Dinty Moore. That is to say, tough and tasteless. Dessert only so-so!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Jim H
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“My home away from home”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The first few months living in Santiago (as an American ex-pat) were a bit rough. I missed DC, my friends and my family. One place that I quickly began to frequent, however, was Les Assassins. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, the ambiance was magnificently warm and welcoming (candle-light and Charles Aznavour) and the food was superb (try the Steak Roquefort!). Also, although not on the menu, the bar-tender makes an excellent Long Island. There are very few places that I've found to serve decent food (Santiago is the London of South America) but Les Assassins really is ahead of the curve. If you are in Santiago and looking for a real culinary EXPERIENCE, check out Les Assassins.

I honestly believe that I wouldn't have grown to love Santiago as much as I do if it weren't for this restaurant- my go to for a home-cooked-meal-away-from-home.

• Visited August 2012