“Cheap pasta..”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of La Piccola Italia - CLOSED

La Piccola Italia
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Providencia
“Cheap pasta..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

Used to be a very good place to go and have some fast served and fresh pasta.
Now a days, have become a more industrialized chain restaurant with frozen pasta that is ok, but nothing more than average..

If you want great pasta..go somewhere else..

Visited December 2011

London
“For your sanity, please avoid this place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

I came here for lunch in April. I will try and keep this review brief. There are plenty of restaurants along this strip, and you should have no problem finding something better.

I will keep this review to bullet points, but consider it a warning!

- dreadful service (answering back to requests with cocky remarks, rudeness, slow, wandering off during conversation!)
- they can't get a tomato sauce right - the sauce for my pasta was worse than a ready-made meal
- removal of items from the bill after complaining was not honoured (they said they would not charge). Instead we had to ask again and we were given a small discount. We gave up in the end.
- delivered instant coffee and hot milk (at least pretend it's proper coffee and prepare it in the kitchen please!)

To his credit, the manager seems to care about the business, yet clearly things are not being improved. I can't remember having a worse "italian" meal.

If Fawlty Towers were a restaurant, this would be it.

Yours shocked and stunned,

A regular traveler

P.S. Inside you are able to order your food from an iPad attached to a microphone stand at the side of every diner's table. That should have been all the warning we required to avoid eating here!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank foiegras99
London, United Kingdom
“Beyond Words, please read.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Well where do I start... However before I do I would like to say that I am not one of these difficult people who can't be pleased. I travel a fair amount around the world and know the difference between good and bad food but this was something else.

My self and 3 friends ( who also travel the globe constantly ) picked this place amongst about 20 other restaurants along this road. We sat down on one of many available tables outside, there was no cuttlery set up, and once it arrived there were no serviettes.

It took the waiter some time to come over and take our drinks order.

Once we had picked what we wanted we signalled him and he came over, he took one person's order before disappearing without a word. Strange as we thought it was he appeared 15 minutes later with drinks and took down the rest of the order, the menu looks great, pictures to show you what the food is and great discription but that's where it stops!!

The starters and main arrived together, again very strange. My self and another friend who had ordered the same meal dug in only to be disappointed like a 10 year old on Christmas day finding out Santa hasn't been to visit.

The food was bland, no taste and in fact it was more plastic than a super model. We couldnt believe it. Oh and before you think it was a complex meal it wasn't, it was Pasta.

Other friends ate their meals and although it wasn't what they expected it was ok to eat.

Now, remember I mentioned we ordered drinks, part of that order was a cup of Latte Coffee. This is now 65 minutes into our ordeal when we have to almost shout at the waiter to get this coffee organised.
And this is where it all had to stop, he comes over huffing and puffing dropping in front of my friend a cup of hot milk and instant coffee. I can only imagine the look on our faces at this point.

With this being the last straw I went inside and asked for the manager, as it happens there was a line of people waiting to complain, when my turn, I explained the awful experience of food and service we had been put through and asked for 3 items to be removed off the bill, the plastic pasta and coffee, I thought it was only fair as we barely touched it.

He agrees and the waiter brings the bill another 15 minutes later, by this point we just want to leave and forget the whole thing, howeve the bill still showing everything so I storm inside and request from a bad attitude receptionist to have it removed.

As we are giving our money away to this awful piece of land on god's earth called a restuarant the waiter who has been nothing but an expansion of our misery there has the cheek to ask for a tip!!!!!!! At which point the 4 of us burst out laughing.

We paid and warned the family who just say down of the dangerous time ahead if they didn't leave.

The only person who looked even slightly worried about my complaints was the manager, but the waiters and the rest of the staff couldn't have cared. I'm not a difficult Brit, I went to a "Restuarant" expecting to be spoken to nicely, treated well and served "Food".

None of the above happened.

I am warning anyone who is thinking of eating here, please DON'T!! Go hungry, not that you need to as there are dozens of places on this road. But do not whatever you do unless your life depends on it eat here.

Convicts always complain about prison food and how it is served, if you, like me haven't visited a jail or don't plan to but want the full on prison food experience then eat here. But in prison the food is Free!!

2 Thank bulletmc52
“Massive italian food......”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

If you hungry and on budget you wish to eat here.....

“Cheap italian food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

This is the outstanding feature of this restaurant chain: cheap italian food, although not the best quality and flavour.