“Go for the meat”

Ranked #552 of 4,905 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Barbecue, Delicatessen, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vitacura
Description: Santabrasa, the house that was transformed into the first premium meat chain in Chile and that raised of category the meats to the embers. In Santabrasa enjoy of the exclusive Dry Aged Beef and our premium meat and enjoy the best attention in our exclusive lounge.
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Santabrasa is a long time favorite for me and my wife. I've been there on several different occasions and the experience was always great. Have tried different cuts and lots of different wine options. Sometimes it's pricey, but recommend them all. Acaramelado de manzana is a must try for dessert. :) 4-star rating only because of details below.

* this review is for Santabrasa in Parque Arauco. I've recently been to SB in Costanera Center and all I've felt was that I was having a "fast food at the mall" experience. unimpressive service and food.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

This is a great place to please your stomach and deal with some serious hunger. The menu is impressive and unlikely to let you go home hungry. We were a group of twelve and the service was a bit slow, but pleasant, and who cares if you are having a good time. I would love to come back if I have occasion to visit Chile again. Give it a try.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Recently had some important visitors here. One of the ladies hung her handbag on the back of her chair and it was stolen. The restaurant staff was very unsympathetic and unhelpful. They were sitting inside and not on an isle or directly in front of an exit. Just be careful if you decide to eat here.

1  Thank Phil F
Reviewed March 12, 2014

To add to the mixed reviews, we had a very nice afternoon dining experience at the Santabrasa located at the Costanera Center. The "dry aged" beef was very tasty - they have three different fixed price "special" choices, so that makes ordering easier if you are linguistically challenged. The wine list is good - we splurged on a truly excellent bottle of Errazuriz Max Reserva Carmenere that was superb with the beef. The staff was helpful - the one waiter proficient in English kept checking back with us as things proceeded, and gave us some useful tips on local things to see and do. It was interesting to sit at the railing overlooking all the mall shoppers below, plus a good live jazz group was playing on the stage below - free entertainment. I can't vouch for the parking experience since we walked in.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The steaks here were really good. This is in the mall close to the Marriott Santiago which was very convenient for us since we were able to walk there.