“It was great, but pay the price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fuy Santiago

Fuy Santiago
Ranked #327 of 4,493 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Seafood, Chilean
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Vitacura
pretoria
“It was great, but pay the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

For me, an excellent restaurant is when you get wonderful food for a reasonable price.

Puerto fuy was really a great experience, starting from the waiter attention and service, enjoying the "bruscheta" that they gave as starter, drinking first time a pisco and having a lovely mero and king crab risotto.

Everything was great, but the price is very salty. So I will be limited to say it's very good :D

Looks like this is the kind of restaurant for couples with lots of "plata" enjoying a good wine.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Brazil_In_Pretoria

“Top class seafood restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Another top seafood restaurant in Santiago, my friend knows that I love abalone and sea urchin, so he pre-arranged with the chef an abalone sampler and a sea urchin sampler dishes as appetizers for us. Each dish as 4 different ways to prepare sea urchin and abalone, these 2 dishes were very new to me and refreshing. I then had a risotto with king crab for main and it was also very delicious, my only complain about this dish is a bit too salty, but this is normal for Chilean people as they like very salty food. The atmosphere of this restaurant was also great for business dinner or celebrations.

Visited August 2012
London
“Very cold”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Horrible atmosphere and very cold place, both in temperature and service

Visited April 2012
1 Thank EleanorTaylor
Australia
“Good seafood, aiming at the higher end of the market”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

We dined at this restaurant as a group of six. Service was attentive and we had around 3 staff attending to our needs. Wine was excellent. Menu was good. Most of the group had Fois Gras for a starter, pan fried. Very nice. We opted for the king crab as a intermediate course. Very nice. The basil and lemon palatte cleanser was different and nice. Mains we excellent. As noted by others this is a very expensive dining option.

Santiago, Chile
“Excellent starters, average desserts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

It has been a time that we wanted go there and finally we decided to celebrate my birthday there. From the beginning a liked the atmosphere, the decoration is elegant, but simple and it is not as "busy" as many Santiago restaurants.
The staff is very friendly and helpful and even my husband (who worked as a waiter during university and is thus very demanding) found hardly anything to critisize. We cannot say much about their wines, because I am pregnant and my husband only had a Pisco Sour (which was good) and a glass of white wine.
Our startes were fabulous. My husband had the "Erizos al Matico" (sea urchins) and I had the "Ensalada de langosta". The langusta was grilled and served with a foam of peas and something else I cannot remember.
Our main dishes were very good, too. My husband a the "Merluza austral con mariscos salteados y habas" and he was very fond of it. I had the salmon on lentils. The salmon was good, but not so spectacular as the startes (but then, I am not so fond of salmon in general, I find it quite a greasy fish and I chose it because I thought that at Puerto Fuy it would be one of the places where I can find a good preparation of it), but I loved the lentils. They were cooked in red wine and they were realy delicious. The Brazilian on the table next to us even ordered an extra dish of lentils.
We were a little disappointed by the desserts. My husband had a kind of cheese cake with passion fruit and he didn't like it very much. My "berries timbal" was nice, but not overwhelming.
The next time we will opt for the "French cheese platter".

• Visited May 2012