“Good food in a quirky setting”
Review of Boulevard Lavaud

Boulevard Lavaud
Ranked #114 of 4,746 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Chilean, French
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: In the “Ancient and Historical Santiago Downtown” is located this hereditary restaurant of 143 years of history, recognized worldwide as one of the best of South America.A space that can´t be missed for those who visit the capital, for in every corner you will find a piece of chilean history … gastronomy, art and history in only one place.
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Superb french cuisine. We really enjoyed the wagu-beef risotto. Service was good and if you fancy a close-shave after dining then you can go to the barber next door.

There are newer reviews for Boulevard Lavaud

Reviewed March 21, 2013

The peluqueria is an incredible old-fashioned authentic barbershop at the entrance of the restaurant - it made me want to get my haircut. Inside was also an authentic antique. Only one problem, the food. It just wasn't very good and certainly not inspirational. Wine list was also weak and at the end of the meal, I was looking forward to glass of port but they were out.

1  Thank Bennett_Traveler
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I live in Santiago, and was recommended this place by a Chilean friend (whom lives in the UK). I eventually went when my girlfriend came to visit. We didn't book, it was "early" (for Chileans) on a Friday evening, and despite being predominantly pre-reserved tables, our waiter was very hospitable. Having just walked around a hot city, we weren't looking our best, yes made to feel very welcome nonetheless.

As is often customary, we had pisco sours to start. We were offered standard (ie Chilean) or Peruvian - I opted for the latter, which was wonderfully smooth and well made. Our waiter was extremely friendly, helpful and attentive, especially helping us choose a wine (I know my way around some of the wines here, and he made some great suggestions). The food was wonderful, and we left feeling like we'd had not just dinner, but a wonderful experience - certainly the decoration and ambience help here.

I don't know the english-language skills of the waiters (we ordered in Spanish), but I suspect there would be no communication problems for the linguistically-shy. I have returned since, and the waiter recognised me, asking if the beautiful lady would be joining me again tonight. A very nice touch, and real attention to detail.

1  Thank dnamurphy
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I just returned from a dinner at this place with my friend and his wife. Unfortunately, our experience with the waitstaff was so horrible that not even the excellent food and otherwise intriguing atmosphere could compensate.

Firstly, the waiter disappeared and abandoned us for about a half hour after bringing in the appetizer of cheese plate. When the time came to finally take our orders, he interrupted my friend's wife as she was ordering, and then interrupted my friend when he was ordering. When it came time for me to place my order, I asked him if he was in a hurry, to which he replied...a little, yes. I told him that in that case I did not need to order anything. After a long delay in bringing the check, he proceeded to add a 10% tip into the check without even asking us if that is what we wanted to do, even after my friend had mentioned that he would be leaving the tip in cash.

I shared our experience with the head of the waitstaff, and he heard us out and offered us a round on him if we returned, fine. I believe the waiter's name is Miguel, so if you go, I hope you have a better experience than we did. It is a shame that the waiter's attitude soured the whole experience, because it is a cool structure with a lot of character in terms of the interior decor.

1  Thank Jed W
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I adore this place. It's got such an excellent vibe and eccentric feel to it and feels so special. The food is quite good, I love their pisco happy hour special.