“Very Nice Seafood Restaurant in Providencia Area of Santiago”
Review of Infante 51 - CLOSED

Infante 51
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Providencia
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I had lunch at Infante 51 with some work colleagues earlier this week, I found the overall experience to be a very positive and enjoyable one. Infante 51 specializes in seafood, but they also have other options that should appeal to those not inclined to seafood.

The layout and design of the restaurant is very nice, and the service was very friendly and attentive. Two of my colleagues ordered unique Chilean fish dishes and were very pleased with the preparation and taste, I ordered crab ravioli and was also very happy with my dish. The appetizers were also quite tasty.

If you are staying in the Providencia area and are looking for a nice lunch/dinner option, I think Infante 51 would be a very good choice for a meal.

Reviewed April 14, 2011

Made reservation though our concierge based on reviews. (Of note, if you are using Google maps to help in finding this restaurant, think again. We tried to get here via metro and walking to the restaurant, but wound up 30 min away!) So we finally get to the restaurant after building up a hearty appetite. Nice restaurant, had English menu. Prices were on the high side, but we didn't mind. However, food was very bland. Out of all my meals in Chile, this was the worst meal I had (not that it was horrible, but most of all our meals were good, and this meal just very tasteless, and expensive). I definitely wouldn't repeat here, since so many different options out there.

Reviewed April 4, 2011

You would now how elegant is from the outside or from the neighborhood. There is a sense of modern openess with a nice patio setting. Some of the dishes and appetizers are a bit pricey, but not outrageous. Plus the wine list is priced inexpensively compared to other nice restaurants. They had a very nice selection of seafood that I could not find at any other restaurants...some very unique fish and seafood offerings.

The food is very good, but simple and small. The portions are smaller compared to all the other South American restaurants we visited, but would be considered average in the U.S.

The service was top notch and friendly. On top of that, the owner was nice enough to drop my wife and I at the hotel.

Reviewed July 10, 2009

Definitely not the best seafood in town and far too pricey. My wife and I both ordered fish dishes and when the came they were very WELL done. It ruined the dish totally. The servers were unfriendly and because we were English speaking tried to avoid serving us. Overall, definately not worth the cab ride there; there are much better restaurants in the area for that kind of money!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook