“Great ambiance for an ok food”
Review of Ky

Ky
Ranked #100 of 4,773 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Thai, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Large and eclectic restobar, with no sign outside. Different style and a very well furnished bar with more then 70 different Vodkas, more then 30 different brands of Pisco, also a special Pisco sour menu, several whiskeys, bourbons and more the 150 of the best chilean wines. The restaurant is decorated with decor brought from different coutryes and flea markets all around, over the years. This is not a a thai restaurant, even though i have some really good thai dishes, is an eclectic cuisine that gathered Moroccan, thai, peruvian-italian, and some own specialties invented by us
Reviewed June 17, 2012

If you want to impress a girl with ambiance this is a nice place to go, but if you want to go for a great thai food try somewhere else. Ky has a very interesting style, from the entrance that doesn't look at all as a restaurant to it's nice rooms and sofas, aiming for a "trendy" style. The service was also very good and discrete. The food was just not up to everything else, for entree we had tuna tartar that was more to a ceviche to a tartar, and some wraps that were good, not great. For main meal I had ñoquis with lamb, and also tried their pad thai, the lamb was tasteless and the pad thai was just ok, I had better pad thai in No Thai in Ann Arbor, MI. For dessert I had an infamous maiquel jackson, a brownie with ice-cream and way too much caramel. Well, I can come back there because some of my friends like the style, but I won't ever go there for the food.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Santiago has decided that their very best places can charge what they want for nothing impressive. The food lacks tastes. The smoking area only open in the week. The decorations are great and so are the individuals settings. We had to ask to put the music down after everyone was shouting. Food warm, Second time there.
Not going back....the first time is great...the second time .. it is like looking at bad theater twice...all they have to do is change the menu and service..the place is great but they cannot charge that much for food that does not deliver.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

First of all i consulted wi the hotel staff and a few of them agreed that I would like KY based on what I told them .

having been very disappointed with many restaurants in Santiago all week, I didn't really anticipate very much.

We walked over to Peru St from Bellavista and had it not been for the people entering the property and the street number on the wall we would have never known it was a restaurant. For a split second I thought I might be entering someone's private dinner party as I went thru the closed gate. Next I had to knock on the large wooded door at the end of a short dark walkway.

We were greeted by the maitre'd and identified ourselves. Just hours earlier the hotel had called and made a reservation. But this was news to the maitre'd team as they fumbled over a Colored floor plan to see where to put the both of us. Ummmmm the restaurant was more or less empty, so don't know what their dilemma was.

we were escorted upstairs to a balcony which must have been the dent of the house which overlooked a red canopied lower dining room with an array of eclectic possessions. The menu was attempting to be Asian and fr th lost part it was .

Now to be frank, I had twice the meal in Soho in Manhattan for USD15.00 from Thai Angel who delivered to my hotel one rainy December night. this was a very basic bit tasty Thai meal for a total of C$33.000 without alcohol.

We were done in an hour and as e got up to leave realized there was an entire back half of the restaurant hat was alive . We were certainly the castaways as the back room seemed far more fun looking .

KY (still recovering form the slippery name) is eclectic, kitsch, perhaps fun secret place on Peru with fairly basic, expensive for what it is, Thai food.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Great decor. Great food. Bad service. What can you expect? It is Santiago...service is always a little slow.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

I wouldn't have batted an eye at Ky's prices when I lived in New York, but its on the expensive side for Santiago. But, the creative decor on the inside, after looking so shabby on the outside is part of the appeal of this place and makes it more fun to visit. The fusion Ky does is also leaps and bounds more creative thanthe cuisine normally found in Chile, even for other nice restaurants in the same price range. So, all in all, I suppose Ky deserves to charge a little more. If you have some extra cash, go.