“Ideal location - great hosts.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa Moro

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santiago
Casa Moro
Ranked #18 of 155 Santiago B&B and Inns
Toronto
“Ideal location - great hosts.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

We spent 4 nights at Casa Moro and were very pleased with our stay. The location is a 5 minute walk to the central subway line making getting around very easy. It is a short street which means it does not have much traffic. It is quiet. They have two lovely outdoor sitting areas which we used for wine and pizza and visiting with family on two occasions. They aren't kidding when they say make yourself at home. We got wine glasses and the opener from the kitchen. Walter, Marcelo and Kenna were great hosts and great help, evening lending us their personal cell phone to make a few calls.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was there in early November and I was not disappointed at all! I was there for four nights. Walter, Marcelo and Kenna made me feel right at home in their home! The location is great and very central, it is within walking distance, one doesn't have to take the subway if they don't want to. It was always great every morning and they asked about what I was up to and always had suggestions and thoughts about how I should spend my time and what I should see. There were also very helpful with pointing you in the right direction to get off the beaten track and see the real Santiago and not what is in the travel books - you get to see the local areas and the local restaurants which a large hotel might not send you to. If I ever get a chance to head to Santiago again I will without doubt be staying at Casa Moro again...and you should too!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was travelling alone and Walter picked me up at the airport upon my arrival from Bolivia where I'd been robbed the day before. As soon as I saw him, I felt safe and started to relax - it was so good to have someone to talk to. When we got to the B & B, Marcel made me a cup of tea and I was soon engaged in a conversation with a couple of Americans. The place itself is, as has been described, eclectic but certainly very comfortable and met all my needs. They told me that I should feel at home and if I wanted something, to help myself. The next day, Walter was very helpful, getting me connected with Telus & Visa back home and Marcel walked me to the Western Union office which I would never have found on my own. In fact, my first effort to find it had me going around in circles. Walter made some recommendations for my day (it was a rainy day) and I took a Hop On, Hop Off tour around the city and then took the metro to Concha y Toro winery. The metro was quite an experience, especially the Red Line!
The next day I was leaving and Walter handled all the paperwork, etc. for the car that was being dropped off. I don't speak Spanish so I would have been lost without him. He gave me excellent directions to the freeway and.......I was off.
I'm so grateful for all the help that was given me, especially from Walter. I felt safe, relaxed and comfortable, at home. These two really understand how important it is to connect with people and I highly recommend this B & B. Thanks guys!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Adelaide, South Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have just returned from a months visit to Chile, Argentina and Uruguay. My first 5 nights were spent at Casa Moro (and subsequently another night when I returned from the south of the country before leaving for Argentina) where I was hoping for a low key and restful stay in order that I would be prepared for the remainder of my trip. I chose this location on the basis of reviews I had read on Trip Advisor and was not disappointed. As many other contributors have written the location is excellent, the pick up service from the airport is a blessing (especially after 20 hours of travelling) and assistance and advice with future travel arrangements is excellent. As a non Spanish speaker Walter's assistance with the hire of a car was an absolute relief and his directions for getting out of the city were far better than the "assistance" received from the GPS supplied with the car. The property was certainly eclectic and would never be confused with a glass and chrome modern hotel but the rooms were comfortable, the beds encouraged deep sleep and the pets were a continuing source of amusement. For me though the highlight of the stay was the collection of people attracted to stay at the B&B. Almost without exception my fellow guests were interesting and personable. Whether the venue attracts those people or whether the surroundings (including the shared dining table) encouraged a higher level of interaction I'm not sure but it contributed greatly to my stay. Walter's recommendations for places to eat and places to visit were generally good but be wary of his recommendation for lunch on a day trip to Valparaiso. Walter you won't live the Social Club recommendation down anytime soon. In summary probably not quite what I expected but an absolute joy and to be recommended for people who like a relaxed environment and interacting with other people.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank GMA1950
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Walter, Marcelo and Kenna made the Casa Moro our home-away-from-home for seven wonderful nights in Santiago. The location is terrific – only blocks from downtown and easy walking distance from many of the city’s attractions, like La Moneda, the Plaza de Armas, Cerro San Cristobal and the Cerro Santa Lucia. But the real attraction is incredible interaction among the guests and staff. We met a number of travelers from all over the world and spent days exploring the Santiago area with several of them who became new friends. This was only possible because Walter, Marcelo, their staff and their many pets have created an atmosphere where everyone feels like a part of the Casa Moro family. Walter was so helpful offering suggestions and directions for things to do and see in the area. He is willing to pick you up or take you to the airport for a very reasonable fee. Their breakfasts are great – Marcelo has a secret for making the best scrambled eggs you’ve ever had – the beds are comfortable and the whole house is a gallery of eclectic art from all over, but it’s the genuine care about the guests and the human interaction that makes the Casa Moro a special experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bendigo, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

If you want to be within a few blocks of the heart of Santiago, Casa Moro is the place to stay. We only had half a day in the city as part of a stop-over on the way home, so it suited us perfectly. With such a short time in Santiago, it was great to be met by our host (Walter) at the airport so we didn't waste any time waiting for a bus or taxi. Walter also dropped us off at the airport for our departure the next morning. We would highly recommend taking up the offer of a home-cooked traditional Chilean evening meal at Casa Moro - the food was great and also a good opportunity to chat to other travellers. There is a great place to visit for lunch just around the corner - traditional food and inexpensive. Walter was also great with his advice about what to see and do in our limited time.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
nashville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We visited Chile for a short week to celebrate my husbands birthday. Staying at Casa Moro and meeting Walter, Marcelo, Kenna, and their pets made it a perfect experience. We will always treasure our visit and hope to return in the future. Gracias!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple