We stayed in a private room with bathroom for two nights.
Here are the good points:
- Very comfortable and nicely decorated room and modern bathroom
- Very clean
- Hot water, decent power shower with bath
- Laundry over the road
- Breakfast included
- Bar, pool table
- Directly opposite metro station
- Walkable to centre
- Can be a noisy/party place but this probably affects people more in dorm rooms
- Not cheap for private room
- No aircon, and Santiago can be very hot in the summer
There is also internet but it is rarely available (due to number of people wanting to use it). Communal kitchen is available.