“Don't trust the fees, can be changed in any time!”
Review of Hotel Maria Angola

Hotel Maria Angola
Ranked #120 of 196 Hotels in Santiago
Milwaukee
“Don't trust the fees, can be changed in any time!”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I stay there, because a reservation made by the Institution that invite me to Chile. I was informed about the price of the room at the check in, but at the end, they charge me more, with no reason. The room was only decent, located on the first floor, and very noisy. The breakfast fine, as well the location, but be careful with how much they charge you, if still decide to stay there!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank carcalumo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I am an African American female who stayed at this hotel at the end of a cruise to explore Santiago for a few days before returning home. First, the desk clerk asked me if I lived in a ghetto in the US; then, the restaurant staff was very rude and refused to serve me and I finally fled to another hotel when I started receiving several telephone calls in the middle of the night forwarded to my room by the switchboard asking me for sex for pay!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank myriam t

Travelers are raving about these Santiago hotels

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed December 5, 2011

We were in Chile for two weeks and took several trips but always came back to Maria Angola for our Santiago nights. The staff were very helpful, even thru language barriers, and Sam on the evening shift was our go-to guy for all info and assistance, He is a great guy. The hotel is a good value and plenty of shopping and dining within walking distance of the hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a balcony, nice for evening bottle of Chilean wine.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jdefranco
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2011

This hotel is rated as four star accomodation. From the outside it looks very smart and initial impressions were good. Unfortunatley for us that is where it ended. We thought that the hotel reception staff were not at all welcoming and the rooms that we stayed in on two seperate occasions were not up to the rating that it displays. We did not have any hot water, the lights did not work, toilet seat broken, bed was uncomfortable, t.v aerial did not work correctly and there was not protection for the outside noise of the city. We are usually pretty chilled out when it comes to hotels, but we paid alot of money and felt that the value was no where near delivered. The only plus points are that it is very close to the city centre and the breakfast is ok.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ryan m
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed June 8, 2010

Im the kind of guy that does everything before cuz I hate surprises. I made the reservation 6 months before, and I reserved a superior room (which should be bigger) when I arrived they sent me to a small room, very small, I never saw a room so small, I felt so abused and complained demanding to relocate me to a bugger room, they said they were booked but they had a bigger room with two beds I said NO, I MADE THIS RESERVATION AND I DEMAND MY ROOM, in the end they said my room would be ready only tomorrow, I choose to stay on this bigger room with two beds and decided not to switch for the third time.
The staff was horrible and the guy kept telling me he hated to work there, there was to many problems.
The only good thing here is the location, its 5 min walk to the subway and its located in a nice part of town.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jasontrw
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 7, 2010

Very friendly and helpfull staff despite my lack of Spanish. Walking from the tube to the hotel was a mere pleasure. Lots of activities around the station and trees in all streets towards the hotel. Nice and quiet neighbourhood also within walking distance from the centre.
Excellents price/quality. The rooms were ok and with excellent showers. I had both a single and a double room. Breakfast was the best I had during my 2 weeks in Latin America.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed March 22, 2010

It's so far from subway and fast traffic ways. Nothing to do. Excellent to job trips only.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple