“Rooms good for longer stay - service average”

La Sebastiana Suites
Ranked #53 of 204 Hotels in Santiago
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We where making use of a Groupon Deal for a romantic weekend night. First impression: OK, we had a parking lot free of charge. Then at the counter people where a little bit informal, one guy was eating actually and not stopping when we checked in with his colleague.
Rooms are spacious and well equipped with food and beverages. The shower was a little old and not up to date and maintained. Bed and TV where excellent and the place is in a not to loud neighborhood, but ear plugs are always recomended in a town like this.
The breakfast was a really bad impression: We asked for an capucciono, as the restaurant, where they serve their meal is actually a coffee, which is normally open to the public. But they said us, that today the people for the espresso machine where not working, so only Nescafe....There were actually 5 people serving in the room, but only 1 girl, who actually attended us and made explanations, why it happened with the coffee, was really working. The other where not really helpful, sitting around, even as there where big stains on the floor from coffee or other food. There where a pile of plates, which where actually dirty, and we mentioned it. One waiter was then taking them away, but without any excuse.
Overall: Well decorated place, some parts a little old, and the service or attention could be better.

Room Tip: The higher, the better
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
ferrancito, Director Comercial at La Sebastiana Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing us and taking your time to share your feedback after your recent stay at La Sebastian Suite.

We take note of all your comments and suggestions that will help us improve our services.

You have our commitment that we will work hard to continue to provide the very best service during 2013.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or comments or inquires.

Sales Manager

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Living in Santiago, I booked this hotel for one night via a coupon service to spend it. Of course, I had to pay in advance so they already had all the money. Additionally, I had to deposit 30.000 CLP (65 USD) because in Chile people don't trust each other.
When I checked out the attendant called the room maid via radio to confirm that the room was in a proper condition; only after the confirmation he handed me back my deposit.
Don't expect customer service!

The location is good because it's very central in the business district and a lot of good restaurants are in walking distance.
The room itself was clean and good but the room maid took away all the bathroom soaps and shampoos and didn't replace it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed there for two days, did not get the room that I had booked, but they took care of this with style!
Got a nice room and a very late checkout ( no extra cost) 18:00 . Serviceminded staff.

I will return!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
ferrancito, Director of Sales at La Sebastiana Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear guest,

You have our commitment that we will work hard to continue to provide the very best service during 2012.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Nice hotel with spacious suites. Furniture is good and you do not miss anything in there. I used it for business and it was extremely convenient.
It takes some time to heat up the room. The radiator is tiny.myou have A/C anyway to speed up the process.
Breakfast is served in a small salon. They start at seven, a little bit late in my opinion. Specially because they are late and make quarter past most of the days

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
ferrancito, Director Comercial at La Sebastiana Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I paid $130/night to stay at this hotel and I considered it a bargain, especially when one considers where some of my colleagues were staying (the Atton Hotel Las Condes), and what they paid ($170/night). There is a breakfast buffet included in the price of the room at the restaurant downstairs. This hotel provides suites, so you get a large living room/dining room area, a separate bedroom and bathroom, and a full kitchen. The refrigerator and the kitchen are pre-stocked with food items, but the prices for these tend to be high, so there's a local convenience market right next door, and a pharmacy around the corner. The neighborhood is very safe and well traveled with lots of commuters walking by. There is a major shopping center a few blocks away and 100's of good quality restaurants within a few blocks from where you can sample some of Chile's superior agricultural products. I would recommend this hotel for the first time visitor to Santiago, or to someone who, like me, was only going to be in town for a few days on business.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jose M
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Dear Mr. Millan,

Reviewed May 31, 2012

this place is only average, because the rate of aprox. USD 150 per night is relatively high for Santiago - though it´s average for the area of Las Condes.

I´ve stayed here before and got back, because of the convenient location for my work.
This time, I´ve cruised around and found some nice restaurants very close - see my other reviews.

The hotel itself has not changed a lot: the appartments are large, nice, and clean; a living room with balcony, a sleeping room as well as a bathroom.

The hotel itself has only a small - maybe 2 x 3 meters - non heated outdoor pool on the top roof - but no gym or anything else.

Breakfast is provided in a small cafe in the hotel; the place is very small and so is the variety of food. Besides, the service was very slow and not really efficient.

Another bad taste was given upon arrival: arriving with 2 large suitcases, there was not help at all on the front door. They have a security(?) person sitting there.
But it seems this person is responsible for the building - not for providing any help or assistence to arriving guests.

Room service (making up beds, changing towels) was good.

As I have stayed in other hotels afterwards, I found much better value for money in other places and therefore give an "average" to La Sebastiana.

As I have stayed in other hotels afterwards, I fou

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tom_brd
Reviewed April 25, 2012

This hotel seems like it was originally apartments in a city block that was converted to be a hotel. I really liked this layout -- there was a living/dining room with a full kitchen (fridge, stove, sink) when I entered the room, and then a separate bedroom and bathroom attached. It felt like I actually lived in the city rather than staying in a hotel. There was also a balcony attached to the living room, and it was pleasant to sit on the balcony during the evenings.

There is a cafe on the ground floor which has a decent selection of foods.

Las Condes is a bit far from downtown Santiago (1/2 hr by Metro), but it's a nice, safe, upscale area with a good selection of restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms give good views of the city.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business