“The Best hamburger joint in the world! ”
Review of Uncle Fletch

Uncle Fletch
Ranked #10 of 4,746 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: American, Chilean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

I went here not expecting anything more than the usual hamburger. I came out with my taste buds having been assaulted by the best hamburger I have ever had. We were a family group and the team could not have been more accomodating. We moved tables to find one of the right height and were able to delay our order to fit in with the meal times of one of our party who was catching a late flight back to London. Probably the best order was the three pigs which is 3 smaller burgers and comes with 3 smaller beers. Absolutely delicious! Also highly recommended is the blue cheese burger. If you love hamburgers and you are ever in Santiago then you have to go to Uncle Fletch.

There are newer reviews for Uncle Fletch

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by not only the quality of the hamburgers here, but the service of the staff. In many restaurants in Santiago, service is cold and distant. Here, the waitresses were attentive and friendly, checking on me during the meal and providing things without even being asked (like extra napkins for the messy meal). Really delicious food and well worth a visit.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We went a little later, maybe around 9:30 - 10 pm on a weekday and waited for less than 10 minutes. While you wait they give you popcorn. It was well-seasoned and a nice touch.

We ordered onion rings when we sat down while we looked at the menu. We decided on the original cheeseburger and the big Texas burger.

The onion rings were delicious, nice and thick with just the right amount of coating, and they didn't collapse or fall apart when you bit into them or when dipping them in sauce. Would definitely recommend these (there were 5 or 6 rings).

The original cheeseburger tasted like Texas! And I would know, as that's where I'm from. My only complaint was the cheese, which was obviously a slice of processed cheese. It really jumped out at you because it was the only thing that wasn't fresh and homemade...very noticeable.

The big Texas was good apart from the BBQ sauce. The menu says smoky BBQ sauce, but it was very sweet and for me tasted suspiciously like the bottled BBQ sauce found in Santiago grocery stores. Also didn't have enough jalapeños for me, but extra cost 800!

Thought that overall it was great, and if you are Chilean you won't notice the sweet BBQ sauce and probably won't want more jalapeños. It's a little pricey ( around 6,900 for a burger) but you will definitely walk away satisfied with having had a great burger.

Giving 4 stars instead of 5 because of the cheese and "smokey" BBQ sauce.

1  Thank gibbogirl5
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Uncle Fletch's is like finding your favorite local brew pub from back home transplanted into Belavista. When you get to that point on your trip that you are craving home cooking and flavors - it is time for Uncle Fletch. Juicy thick burgers, tons of ice cold beer, good fries and rock & roll...a great respite! Service is wonderful - nice to visit w/ the staff while enjoying a break out of the sun w/ cold beer and cokes along w/ the food. 4 people total bill $30,000 pesos w/o service - so reasonable for Santiago!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

The food and service here are amazing, and all of the staff speak English. They have a great menu with creative food and good ingredients, but they keep it simple by having a relatively small selection. This is definitely the best burger in Santiago. However, we went on a Saturday night and I don't think they have quite worked out the logistics of their restaurant yet. There were open tables waiting on reservations while people were lined up waiting for up to 40 minutes. I would recommend making a reservation on the weekends. Other nights walking in should be fine.