Hotel Boutique Bidasoa
  • Room Service
$129
$116
  • Pool
Hotel Plaza San Francisco(Santiago)
$149
$159
$149
Le Reve Hotel Boutique(Santiago)
$226
$199
  • Breakfast included
$134
CrownePlaza.com
$184
$136
HolidayInn.com
All reviewsthird floorupscale neighborhoodchillilots of restaurantsminute walkbeautiful hotelthe hotel staffvitacurabalconies
Reviewed November 28, 2011

The location of this hotel is good for Vitacura. It's close to good restaurants etc and the area is quiet, safe and charming. I would not stay here though if I wanted to go into central Santiago as it is too far and there is limited public transport (bus only). You would need to get taxis.
The hotel itself is clean, modern and on the face of it a nice quality place. The pool is small and on the road but stylish, the bar is modern and nice and the rooms look great when you go in. The beds are big, the bathrooms modern and clean and it has all the ameneties you need.
However, I had a dreadful experiece at the Bidaso. It started when I arrived, tired from a long flight, to find that the lock on the doors opening onto the balcony did not work so there was no way of securing my room. The porter,who was lovely, had a look at it for me and could not fix it. I spoke to reception and they didn't seem to care. The man there just said there was nothing he could do, that the hotel was full and they could not change my room, that the area was safe anyway and it would be fine. He then said that I was in a double room anyway even though I was on my own and that I should be grateful for the rate I was getting. I explained that if I couldn't lock the window I wasn't safe, he just shrugged and said he could get me a reservation at another hotel. I could not do this as I was really tired and was being picked up early the next morning at the Bidasoa so had to be there. I managed to shut the window using the bottom catch and left it at that.
The other things that went wrong were: water pouring from the air con unit when it was switched off; not being able to have air con on at night because the light on it was so bright it lit up the room like the sun; maids being really loud. Both mornings from 6am I was woken and kept awake by the maids talking loudly and laughing outside my room. The maids' room is right by room 206 and they make no effort in the morning to be quiet. I got up both mornings to tell them to be quiet but it did not make much difference. I had a dreadful two nights sleep because of this, which was awful, especially as I had a long climb in the Andes that day. On the second morning, the maid stood outside my room rustling bin bags from 6am then chatted loudly to her friends. This is completely unacceptable.
When I left I went through these issues again with reception and asked for a discount. This was flatly refused. I also asked for an apology and the man just shrugged and ignored me. Do not stay here.

Room Tip: Do not use 206 or surrounding rooms. It is right by the maid's room and they start early and are very loud.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Claudia C, Gerente at Hotel Boutique Bidasoa, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Dear guest:
I am sorry you experienced the situation you describe, and understand that due to fatigue of a long flight and climb to mention the Andes as described, we imagine that he was more sensitive to experiencing the problems that indicates, which have been solved by some .

On the other hand, there was a reduction in your rate at that time, why did not apply a higher discount later.

I want to know, with all our readiness to receive another stay, and so can verify that it was only a temporary situation in his room and absolutely not the reality in the rest of the hotel.

Grateful for your understanding.

Yours atte.
Management

Reviewed November 18, 2011

We stayed at this hotel in November, 2011 for a couple of nights, and it is really beautiful. Breakfast was especially good--they have everything set up to make your own grilled sandwiches, and they'll cook you eggs however you like them, and the buffet was huge and fresh. Avoid the rooms on the ground floor if at all possible--they have no privacy unless you are inside with the curtains drawn. Ask for a King room on the second floor. Staff is very professional and helpful, and speak English. Also, they have a lovely garden where you can sit and have a drink or eat a meal, and their food is quite good.

Also, we have to highly recommend the driver they use. He took us to the bus station with our luggage, knowing he'd never see us again, and we accidentally offered him $160USD for the fare when we only owed him $16. He looked astonished, but said it was much too much, and refused to take it, patiently counting out the exact amount we owed him and no more. This is an honest hotel that uses honest people to deal with its customers. We were very impressed.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy17
Reviewed November 13, 2011

First stop on a three week trip in Chile and Argentina. We were made immediately welcome and were able to relax very quickly. The room was good with everything necessary. The restaurant served an adequate range of dishes. Overall, if you want a hotel at 4star range but more personal service this is the one.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 7, 2011

A hidden gem in Santiago, in the quieter Vitacura district close enough to many restaurants and with a relaxing dining area of its own. We traveled with a small group of 6 and enjoyed every evening our gathering in the garden area, recommend for the less formal biz traveler. Good local wine selection, dinner was fresh, albeit a bit on the simple side. Rooms are clean, maybe a tad small, part of the the charm of this almost boutique hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2011

You could easily miss this little hotel amid all the springtime greenery. Situated along a wide boulevard, close to the downtown business section and the US Embassy, we couldn't have lucked into a better location. The hotel was clean and modern, the staff was helpful and accomodating. They had a nice restaurant in the hotel, but all the guests were out in the shady courtyard, enjoying the pool, the gorgeous weather, and a pisco sour on the house. We had a king room, which was amply sized, very clean and quite comfortable. Our balcony overlooked a jumble of rooftops, but we could see the skyscrapers of the downtown area, reminding us that we really were in the city. My only negative comment was that the balconies were all connected and all you could easily get onto your neighbors balcony. The area however seemed really safe, there was a Museum of Style in a park like setting across the street, and there was a convenience store a short walk away. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Based on other reviews, the rooms with king beds may be roomier than the standard 2 doubles.
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple