We wanted to see Santiago after taking a cruise that ended in Valparaiso, Chile and this hotel turned out to be a great choice.
It was clean, quiet and the room was large enough to spread out. The bathroom was also modern and efficient. There is a hot breakfast. The area the hotel is in is not within walking distance of the action but it is in close walking distance of some very good restaurants.
However, the absolute best thing is that the hotel has some drivers who only work for the Holiday Inn.
I contacted the hotel by e-mail before we left the USA and arranged for someone to pick us up at the cruise ship dock in Valparaiso-and he was there at 9:00AM! There is always a big question when traveling internationally, if things will work out as one has planned.
We had a great tour of Valparaiso and the surrounding areas and lunch at a beautiful vineyard before heading to Santiago and the hotel.
The next day, we opted to go with Arturo, the same driver, for a private tour of Santiago since it was the same price as the hop on-hop-off tour bus. it was also wonderful as a group of 2 is better than a group of 40 strangers.
And, the next day, Arturo drove us to the airport-also the same price as a local taxi.
So, since the Holiday Inn is about 1/2 price as some of the other chain hotels in Santiago-I would definitely recommend this hotel-And Arturo!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Santiago Hotel is in the thriving Business District. Sitting in the shadow of Cerro San Cristobal, the Holiday Inn Express(R) Santiago - Las Condes hotel provides a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all travelers. Just outside of the city center, visitors can enjoy the buzz of Santiago's main avenues and retire to a quiet neighborhood for the evening. Hotel guests in Santiago, Chile for business find our location particularly convenient. The El Golf neighborhood, where we're located, is home to a number of corporations. The Chile offices for Citibank, Sony Ericsson and Microsoft are all situated within a mile of our property. The hotel is only steps away from the biggest shopping center in Chile, mall Costanera Center, which makes Holiday Inn Express Santiago Las Condes the best choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Santiago Las Condes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express El Golf, Santiago Hotel Santiago
- Holiday Inn Santiago
- Santiago Holiday Inn Express