“Great fresh Mexican Food Finally in Santiago”
Review of Lime Fresh Mexican Grill - CLOSED

Lime Fresh Mexican Grill
Cuisines: Chilean, Mexican
Los Angeles, California
“Great fresh Mexican Food Finally in Santiago”
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

So I read some reviews, but we happened by on foot near the W hotel, when I saw the menu I thought well it's going to be an attempt at Mexican food as I have seen in most countries.

I was wrong, the place probably new, clean, staffed to the hilt, salsas fresh, food made to order. the guacamole three different strengths, just guacamole, hombre guacamole and one more, the first two we ordered and they were truly right on the money

I had Tacos one chicken one beef, nicely done, my partner had nachos and loved them. Lots of people came in and ordered burritos, I didn't hear any complaints just good food clean atmosphere some working lunches no doubt.

Deserves the excellent for when we were there.

Visited January 2014

Santiago, Chile
“Good, cheap American Mexican like Chipotles”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Food is good not great but definitely worth repeat visits for American style fresh, Mexican chain style food. Similar to chipotles in the states. Best alternative of its type in Santiago. Salsa are good.

• Visited November 2013
Santiago, Chile
“Got caught out during the USgov shutdown”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

...at least that's the only way I can explain why the service was so, so, so slow. I heard good things about this place, so we went to have after-work frozen cocktails on a Friday. After sitting outside and waiting around for about 15 minutes, making as much eye contact as possible with the staff, I resorted to popping inside (via the side entrance) to announce our presence, and ask for a menu. The staff member said he'd be along soon. We waited, still nothing. I went back in to get the menu directly, and was then told that they operate on an "American service". I was going to ask if this included shutting down and not paying it's employees, but that might have been lost on him. Instead, I puzzled over the disparity between my (admittedly limited) experience of service in the US (exemplary) and the "get your own menu, go to the bar and order it yourself" approach used here.

No matter, I went to the bar to order our frozen mojitos / margaritas, after waiting for around 25 minutes. Of course, "no tenemos". That's because both machines making these cocktails were not working, and we'd have to wait another 30 minutes. No thanks, we'll have beer. It was finally on exiting through the main entrance that I saw the sign indicating the extent of their service (take a menu from the bucket, order, pay, wait). Of course, they didn't have the beer we asked for, nor any of the other drinks we contemplated having, so we escaped to another bar with "non-American service" for a drink that was available.

Stupidly, we came back to eat. Why? I wanted to give them a second chance. I wish I hadn't. Despite the "American service" we were introduced to, we were contradictorily seated and given menus by a waiter on our return. Of course, we had to go to the cashier to make our order, but no problem - we know how it all works now, and there are only 4-5 people in the queue!

Oh dear. What a mistake. It took at least 20 minutes of waiting in line to make the order, knowing that they had to actually prepare the food as well. What were we waiting for? I'm not sure, but I experience what I think must be the pinnacle of inefficiency - it would make some government agencies here immensely proud. One guy on the till, answering the phone, fetching drinks and taking the orders, a couple of other guys in the kitchen, and them some waiters milling around not doing very much (not surprising when you don't need to take any orders). After taking a few more telephone calls (this was on the office phone at least!) and struggling with the computer for each order, my turn came. I'd checked with the waiter that I could order a burrito and have a few extra things in there. Yet, it was impossible when I got to the till. I also asked for a couple of extras in my partner's burrito (I looked over at her - yup, she's fallen asleep on the table - I hope it's clean) - that was fine, they could do that. Finally, I pay, and it seems that wait is finally over, only need to wait for the food.

Oddly, it came pretty quickly - I was expecting at least an hour. I woke my partner up as I got back to the table, we had a nice chat about how great "American service" is, and after 5-10 minutes of so, our food arrived. Of course, her burrito didn't contain what we requested - at that stage, what's even the point in arguing? My own order was pretty nice, but could have been hotter. The condiments were good - it was a nice touch being able to go and chose / get more as we wished, and the nachos / guacamole were tasty too. I lost a tooth while I was eating, but I won't hold that against them, unless I have to queue to get it back.

So, in short: go if you're long on patience and long on time. If you're in a rush - settle for something quicker like a 5-course dinner somewhere.

• Visited October 2013
“Finally...Mexican food in Santiago that doesn't suck!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I'm in love with Mexican food, so I cry after every (so-called) Mexican meal that I try here in Santiago. Food in Santiago isn't very good in general, but that's another story. But, by the grace of God, some brilliant entrepreneur from Miami built Lime, and now I have a place to call home. Now, granted, this place isn't going to rival anything in Arizona or Texas, but it's pretty darn good. Fresh ingredients, plenty of salsa options, and tasty margaritas (pre-mixed, but still...) make this place a little slice of Mexicana-Americana right here in Tobalaba. If you are a fan of Chipotle in the States, then definitely give this place a try. Your taste buds will thank you (assuming they haven't already withered away from lack of stimulation).

• Visited August 2013