“Best way to discover a city”
Review of Tours 4 Tips

Tours 4 Tips
Ranked #2 of 310 Tours in Santiago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: “Pay-What-You-Want" Walking Tours Everyday at 10am and 3pm! We meet in front of the Museo de Bellas Artes (Fine Arts Museum) everyday, just find your guide wearing a red and white striped t-shirt like the "Where's Wally" or "Where's Waldo" children's book character. 3 hours of easy walking with two distinct routes. 10am "Santiago Offbeat" shows you 4 different markets and the spectacular General Cemetery of Santiago, 3pm"Santiago Highlights" explores the cities downtown with a focus on Santiago's political, architectural and historical fine points. Reservations are not required but always recommended through our website. We also offer private tours for those who want a smaller group and more personalized experience, just email us for more information!
Reviewed November 9, 2013

The free tours are just great to get to know the city and its history without spending hours in a guide book. After the tour, I could just wander around and appreciate the city more because I knew some of the history. Highly recommended.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,742)
All reviews
"jose miguel"
in 37 reviews
"chili"
in 212 reviews
"great introduction to santiago"
in 24 reviews
"fish market"
in 28 reviews
"three hours"
in 17 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed November 7, 2013

My wife and I did both tours and enjoyed them both. However, we found the morning tour with Liz more interesting than the afternoon tour with Miguel. This was due both to the content of the two tours and the quality of the presentations. We really enjoyed visiting the markets and learning about Chilean food and how the markets are organized. Liz's tour had more depth about Chilean customs, politics, and history, but to be fair, Miguel had just started this job and will probably get better as he gets more experience. We take walking tours wherever we go and highly recommend both of these as a way to better appreciate the city of Santiago.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed in Santiago for 4 days and did both the tour for tips walks. They were both greats nd I learnt a lot about the backgrounds o the city. I found the morning tour to the markets and grave yard particularly interesting - it's no normal grave yard. They gave some good recommendations for places to eat and drink too which was really useful. Great tour guides.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My wife and I have lived in Santiago for years, but we just did this tour a few weekends ago and it was awesome! After taking the walking tour in Valpo we decided to do the Santiago one. We chose the "Offbeat" Santiago tour and explored parts of the city we don't normally visit and learned some fun facts about Chilean culture and political history. If you have the chance, take the tour with Peter, he really knows the city better than most Chileans!