“My most fun cooking class ever!”

Uncorked Cooking WorkShop
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: “There is no better way to get to the heart of any city than through its cuisine. And that means not just eating, but shopping for it, and cooking it”. Taylor Holliday, New York Times. Cooking authentic Chilean dishes in an informal and friendly environment where you will learn the passion of the Chilean kitchen and have fun doing it. All cooking classes are hands-on, using the freshest of local ingredients.Our chef-instructor will guide you through the preparation of simple but delicious Chilean recipes and reveal some of his culinary secrets.
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I originally contacted the company regarding their wine tours but was quite surprised to learn about their cooking class. What a delightful surprise to have such an enjoyable time learning about some authentic chilean food preparation. I have had a few classes before in the U.S. and therefore had an expectation about the evening. The events,of the evening exceeded my expectations. Our cooking hosts shared their menu with us before we began and then we proceeded to prepare the unique chilean pisco sour, sopaipillas, ceviche, empanadas, leche asada! I had great fun learning many unique aspects of the food, people and culture of santiago and chile. It was clear to me that a substantial amount of time and effort was applied by our hosts before i even arrived! I highly recommend this event!

1  Thank Brian O
There are newer reviews for Uncorked Cooking WorkShop

Reviewed May 20, 2014

My wife and I visited Santiago in Febuary 2014 and participated in the cooking class.
After fixing our own Pisco Sour we prepared cerviche,empanadas,and traditional dessert.
The class was relaxed and easy to follow. After we returned to Iowa we had our friends over for the same Chilean meal and wine. I was a great success.We have taking cooking classes on other vactions.... this was the best.
Bob and Judy

Reviewed April 21, 2014

This was a last minute choice and I can't imagine my trip to Santiago without it. I have been to many other cooking classes but this was by far the best. It was like being in someones home. Very personal. Valeria was extremely nice. we had such a great time. When we go back to Santiago we will Definitely book again. Thanks for such a wonderful experience!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

This was the best cooking class I've taken. You can be a novice cook or experienced and the team makes you feel welcomed and teaches you the local favors. We had so much fun drinking great wine, making food and talking about Chile. The team even recommended local restaurants to make our experience in Chile even better. I would highly recommend this experience.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I had a fantastic time on the Sunday night I did the cooking class with Connie (and another lady who I can't remember her name but she was lovely!)
There was just one other person in the class so it was small and intimate and I felt really comfortable like i was at a friends home cooking in the kitchen with a glass of wine in hand
We made a large suite of tasty Chilean foods with accompanying wine - Connie is extremely knowledgeable with her wines which made the cooking class also feel like a wine tour
I only wish I had time to join one of their wine tours they had on offer!
Highly recommend for anyone who just wants to do something a little different - money well spent!