“Great new hotel in Decent Location”
Review of Atton Vitacura

Atton Vitacura
Ranked #26 of 202 Hotels in Santiago
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I was a little leery of a few things after reading reviews about this hotel - so let me share my experiences. The quick review is: Great hotel. The long review is:

The hotel staff where friendly and most spoke very good english. I arrived early and requested to check in early. There is a 50 dollar charge for checking in early, but the staff member graciously waived that fee if I agreed to stay in a different room (I booked a king, but I ended up staying in a room with two queens). I had no issues with this and agreed.

The room was very nice, quiet, and clean. It had your typical in-room bar with beverages (alcohol, non alcohol) and snacks. The prices where pretty typical for a hotel. I was on the 18th floor and had a beautiful view of the mountains. There was also a complimentary breakfast that was probably the best free hotel breakfast I have had. Eggs, bacon, sausage, and so much more. The only issue I had is they very quickly ran out of coffee cups - but just ask for one and they will get it for you.

The restaurant I had no issues with - I went there several times for dinner and my service wasn't slow. I seated myself each time, and within minutes I received my menu and drink. The dinner order was received shortly thereafter. On average, I was in and out in 30 minutes- and if that is too slow for you, they do have a dinner buffet monday to friday at 7:15PM with great food. I did that a few times and loved it. The prices are steep - but that is normal for a hotel restaurant. If you have complaints about that, then you clearly haven't stayed at very many hotels.

I cabbed around the city a lot, and unfortunately the hotel taxi was double the price it should be (approx 7,000 peso is what it should have been, but they charge 15,000 to where I needed to go). After trying to argue with the taxi drivers, i got the same responses each time - the hotel charges 35% on top of the normal charge. On the bright side, you are able to charge it to your room and it is safe.

No coffee maker in my room, but I never use that thing anyways. I do wish they had travel cups with the complimentary breakfast though, so I could take a coffee on the road with me.

All in all I had a great experience at this hotel and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor - The view is beautiful.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Fernanda G, Marketing Manager at Atton Vitacura, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear Guest
We really appreciate your review about your stay in Atton Vitacura, we are commited to keep improving our service level so all our guests want to come back.
We look forward to welcome you again in a near future
King regards

There are newer reviews for Atton Vitacura

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Arrived at 11.00 and they wanted $50 to check in. Given this is low season and there where few guests this is a total wrought and unless it changes I will not stay here again.

The remise service is totally unprofessional from this hotel. It is obviously run by a internal mafia of hotel employees in hand with the drivers. For example the normal remise fare from this hotel to the airport is 19,000 pesos. The drivers always ask if you have a hotel voucher which would be a fixed price but if you choose to pay cash the price is 35,000 pesos until you ask for a receipt and then it changes to 25,000 pesos.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kiwis-Tango
Fernanda G, Marketing Manager at Atton Vitacura, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Guest
We apologise if you didn't have the experience you expected, in our hotel.
We are going to investigate about the problem you had with the taxi service, which is an external service, and we appreciate you took the time to give us this information.
About the early check in, this is a fee all hotels charge to their guests, when the hotel is full; our low season actually is only in February.
We hope we have the chance to welcome you back in a near future

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Everything is great. Friendly staff, rooms are large, very clean and comfortable. Gym is not very good and some delay in checking out. Breakfast is not bad. Room service didn't have my choice of order

• Stayed: June 2013
Fernanda G, Marketing Manager at Atton Vitacura, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Guest
We appreciate your review about your stay in Atton Vitacura, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed here 4 nights on business. The location is very quiet, a bit of a hike to most good restaurants. This is the newest Atton hotel, so everything is quite new. Breakfast is good, but they seem to have problems keeping enough coffee available. Service in the rooms is likewise a bit of a problem; if you call the front desk, you're not likely to get any help, but if you go down to the desk and ask, they bend over backwards to help you.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Fernanda G, Marketing Manager at Atton Vitacura, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Guest, we appreciate your review about your stay in Atton Vitacura, and we will keep working hard to improve the restaurant and rooms service level.
We hope to welcome your back in a near future

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I only stayed for a very brief period after a delayed flight and an early departure, but the hotel was very nice and a shame that I didn't get to make more of it.
Very helpful staff and beautiful surroundings

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Fernanda G, Marketing Manager at Atton Vitacura, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your opinion, we hope you come back soon and have the chance to enjoy a little longer in our hotel Atton Vitacura.
Kind Regards

Reviewed May 13, 2013

It is a great hotel. Simple, comfortable, nice staff. We had a small incident, where our roof started leaking from a broken pipe upstairs. We were swiftly relocated to a suite on the top floor while we were out. Restaurant is ok, nothing fancy but decent.
Location is close enough (15 minute walk) from the new Costanera Center mall.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest
We really appreciate your opinion about your stay in Atton Vitacura, we look forward to welcome you back in a near future.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is a new hotel and of course that helps with cleanliness and good maintenance, which is one of the most important things I look for in a hotel. Aside from that, the contemporary decoration feels bright, airy and fresh, the restaurant is not bad at all, and the staff was very helpful (for ex., when I checked in I asked for a room with a nice view and they said that wasn't within the price I had reserved, but they upgraded me anyway). The pool area is small and there aren't a lot of shops or restaurants near by, but I was traveling for work so that wasn't a big deal. In any case, you can walk to the biggest mall in Santiago or take a quick taxi ride to downtown -- one thing to consider when taking a taxi is that there are other Atton hotels and sometimes taxi drivers are confused (or pretend to be) and drive you to a different one, so make sure you have the exact address with you. The hotel was very close to where my conference was, so the location was great for me. This is one of the best stays I've had recently and I'd definitely recommend staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view when you check in. They may upgrade you and it's a nice view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Fernanda G, Marketing Manager at Atton Vitacura, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Guest
We really appreciate your review about your stay in Atton Vitacura, opinions as yours make us work harder to mantain and improve our service level.
We hope you come back soon