“Best wine bar with trendy food choices”
Review of Bocanariz

Bocanariz
Ranked #11 of 4,746 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Recommended through Trip Advisor, we loved selecting tapas by food groups (sweet & sour, spicy) and having our waiter suggest wine pairings of either flights or full glasses. The experience and food were so wonderful that we ate here twice. Great ambience, high end wines; fabulous staff and food.

1  Thank Pam P
There are newer reviews for Bocanariz

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stopped at Bocanariz for a late light lunch and was surprised by the quality of the ceviche - a great choice of fresh fish and passion fruit - as well as for the amazing quantity of wines, all of them Chilean. Very difficult to decide, especially for a wine nuts like me. The Brazilian waitress (whose name I forgot, sorry!) gave me a precious tip about the right combination and bingo! a glass of Casablanca Viu Manent Secreto sauvignon blanc that went perfectly with the ceviche and an also perfect spresso for closure. They then invited me to see the rest of this beatiful bistro and the charming cave downstairs. Definitely worth the visit.

1  Thank Nora2012_12
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We really enjoyed our meal at this restaurant. I made reservations at lunch while we were walking by. The maitre de remembered me when we got to dinner, greeted us warmly and gave us a table right at the street. The wine flights are a great way to taste quite a few different wines. We went wine tasting in the Maipo Valley and it was fun, but we enjoyed the tasting better at the restaurant. the food is very good, and a good value compared to soem of the other restaurants we ate at in Santiago.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

great place to learn about the different (excellent) wines chile has to offer. am not sure whether the waiters are real sommeliers, but for us seemed to know a lot about the many different wines to choose from. drinks can be accompanied by a tapas menu or regular dishes. all very tasty!
professional staff, that also speaks english.
great location in the patrimonial neighbourhood of lastarria.
will defenitely go back.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

One of the best wine bars I have been to in the world. I love the selection of food and wine. The sommelier helped us select the perfect sampling flight and told us the background on the wines & wineries (because I wanted to know). The layout and design of the restaurant is just fantastic and modern. If I ever get to go back to Santiago, I will absolutely return to Bocanariz. The small plates we had were delicious. It's located in a quaint neighborhood and walking distance to the subway and Bellavista.

1  Thank SkiBunnyintheTropics