“Excellent choice for a break in Santiago”
Review of Bocanariz

Bocanariz
Ranked #14 of 4,946 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stopped at Bocanariz for a late light lunch and was surprised by the quality of the ceviche - a great choice of fresh fish and passion fruit - as well as for the amazing quantity of wines, all of them Chilean. Very difficult to decide, especially for a wine nuts like me. The Brazilian waitress (whose name I forgot, sorry!) gave me a precious tip about the right combination and bingo! a glass of Casablanca Viu Manent Secreto sauvignon blanc that went perfectly with the ceviche and an also perfect spresso for closure. They then invited me to see the rest of this beatiful bistro and the charming cave downstairs. Definitely worth the visit.

1  Thank Nora2012_12
Write a ReviewReviews (5,289)

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We really enjoyed our meal at this restaurant. I made reservations at lunch while we were walking by. The maitre de remembered me when we got to dinner, greeted us warmly and gave us a table right at the street. The wine flights are a great way to taste quite a few different wines. We went wine tasting in the Maipo Valley and it was fun, but we enjoyed the tasting better at the restaurant. the food is very good, and a good value compared to soem of the other restaurants we ate at in Santiago.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

great place to learn about the different (excellent) wines chile has to offer. am not sure whether the waiters are real sommeliers, but for us seemed to know a lot about the many different wines to choose from. drinks can be accompanied by a tapas menu or regular dishes. all very tasty!
professional staff, that also speaks english.
great location in the patrimonial neighbourhood of lastarria.
will defenitely go back.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

One of the best wine bars I have been to in the world. I love the selection of food and wine. The sommelier helped us select the perfect sampling flight and told us the background on the wines & wineries (because I wanted to know). The layout and design of the restaurant is just fantastic and modern. If I ever get to go back to Santiago, I will absolutely return to Bocanariz. The small plates we had were delicious. It's located in a quaint neighborhood and walking distance to the subway and Bellavista.

1  Thank SkiBunnyintheTropics
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Yeah, they have a great wine list but that's about it. We arrived early but still found our table was jammed up against the bar with truly unfomfortable chairs ringing a tiny, tall and unstable table. My friends opted for an appetizer that was anything but appetizing and by then we lost interest in the rest of the meal. Unfortunately, the place was so busy it was hard to get our waiter's attention so we ended up staying far longer than we wanted. It appears Bocanariz is struggling with success.