“WOW! What a great place.”
Review of Bocanariz

Bocanariz
Ranked #12 of 4,862 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Went there for dinner and some wine tasting with 20 Australian friends. The food, the wines, the service and the place itself were just amazing. Very different to any wine bar I have been before. Totally worth a visit or more :)

Write a ReviewReviews (5,129)

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was a great little place! I went after having it suggested to me by one of our vineyard tour guides from earlier in my trip. After hearing about it, I was happy with the previous reviews given on TripAdvisor. The staff was extremely friendly and spoke English perfectly. Our waiter was extremely knowledgeable about the wines and what foods to eat with them. The tapas were very tasty, especially the potatoes. We did wine flights, which were tastings of 3 different types of wines. The great thing is that if you don't like the combinations they have on the menu for tastings, you can easily make your own flight by choosing from a plentiful list. The environment was cozy and welcoming.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Went to Bocanariz because my son recommended the place. Then I read the reviews and was excited to try the place. Came in with a friend, each had a glass of white wine and shared a "tapa" of pâtés, which were very good. We did not have a reservation but it was still early evening so they gave us a table reserved for 9pm. Waiters were polite and attentive. The place is well located in the lovely and upcoming hip area of Lastarria. Bocanariz is charming without a doubt; the concept of trying new wines by the glass is not new and was dissapointed that you could find common wines in their "reasonably" priced menu but the few unknown wines in the carte which I wanted to try, were very expensive. I can understand what the hype is about, it's a nice place to have a glass of wine with friends and share a gourmet appetizer but if you really want to try a "new" wine, be prepared to pay more than you should.
Overall, it is, in my concept, average and over priced.

1  Thank tata2555
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Four of us had a great night out at Bocanariz in Lastarria in central Santiago on 16 April. The wine choices were amazing and the modern Chilean fusion food complemented the wines beautifully.
Our waiter spoke English (my Spanish is worse than poor), and his knowledge of the wines allowed us to select some wines we never would have come across. This is the sort of restaurant/wine bar that is reasonably common back home in Perth WA, but in Chile is a real treat.
From the Pisco Sour with ginger, to sparkling wine from the Casablanca Valley, to dry whites and red flights, the selections were perfect. We were having such a good night that we could not refuse the dessert tasting plate with a delicious dessert wine.
Well, we are on holidays!
There are cheaper places, but not better. Go as soon as you can.

1  Thank Rickbarrett
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

On a Friday night we walked in without a reservation for dinner around 8.30 pm, after reading reviews on TripAdvisor. The staff were helping in finding us a table for two and a member of the wait staff who spoke English. We chose our drinks first; my wife a 'flight' of white wines and me a beer, then the waiter recommended tapas dishes to compliment our choices. The size of serves were larger than we expected for tapas and the food was brilliant. A second round of drinks ordered, this time a 'flight' of reds for my wife and a second beer for me, with another tapas dish recommended by our waiter. We enjoyed our food and especially enjoyed the beverages. The place was packed by 10.00 and the staff were run off their feet, however it added to our dining experience. Time permitting, we would have returned for another experience, but unfortunately not.