“Great staff!”

Ranked #59 of 200 Hotels in Santiago
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great staff!”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Nice simple hotel, very clean & an amazing staff, very central.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Scotty B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed December 2, 2011

The area surrounding the hotel is picturesque and memorable - unfortunately my 4 nights there were a different kind of memorable. The place appears to literally be falling apart; my wing lost power a few times over 3 days, 2 nights in a row they managed to lose all water pressure to the rooms, and electronic keys kept failing.

The rooms a way too small for a single business traveler - I cannot imagine how a holidaying couple would be able to get comfortable. You hear everything in the hallways, adjoining rooms and from other floors - unless you turn on the air conditioner to block out the noise, but they are very old and loud. Also, there was no way to lock the external window in my room, meaning anyone could have walked along the (wide) outside ledge from other room on my floor and taken whatever they want.

There is no guarantee that the the gym is open at 7am or 8pm and the advertised sauna is a fiction. The staff were nice enough, but quickly forgot English when there is any problems.

My associate and I have both made strong recommendations to our local office that they never put people in this hotel again.

As an excellent alternative, I would recommend the Hotel Santiago Park Plaza, which is in the same area.

Room Tip: My advise? Go elsewhere. Both wings on the 4th floor were just as bad - I cannot speak for other fl...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Andy A
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed November 11, 2011

We stayed two nights at the Hotel Bonaparte in August and had a very enjoyable visit. The hotel is located in a beautiful area of the city, in Providencia, which is convenient to get to the downtown area. The rooms are comfortable and clean with heating and cooling and extra bedding in the closet. We also had Wi-fi internet access in our room. The staff is friendly and helpful and there is an excellent restaurant on sight. I highly recommend the soup! We also had a breakfast buffet included and it was fantastic with fresh breads, fruits, cereals, pastries, juices, etc. The breakfast also included some warm foods such as eggs and meats. The biggest bonus about this hotel is the connecting parking garage, which is a huge plus in Santiago. To go shopping or touring throughout Santiago you will have to pay to park in parking garages practically everywhere you go, and then have to walk some distance to get to where you are going. We stayed at another hotel in Santiago and had to walk a half mile to get to our car, luggage in tow. Not so with Hotel Bonaparte! The garage connects to the hotel and you can take an elevator from the garage directly to your floor. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Travelovin
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 10, 2011

Hotel Bonaparte in Mar de Plata is a small hotel located in a residential area surrounded by hundred year old trees.
The staff is friendly and helpful. I will stay here next time I am in Santiago.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 14, 2011

I stayed at the Hotel Bonaparte for 2 nights at the end of a 16 day trip to Chile which included Patagonia and Atacama. The hotel room was small to average sized but clean and comfortable. A 15- 20 minute walk to the closest subway. The breakfast was average and the neighborhood residential. However, the hotel staff was exceptional. I lost my camera at the main postal office in Plaza de Armas and while retracing my steps was somehow able to gauge (through my broken Spanish) that some good samaritan had found it and had left his information with the postal office employees. I called the hotel from the post office as I did not completely understand what was going on and the gentleman at the front desk at Hotel Bonaparte (Rodrigo) not only spoke to the security guard at the post office for me and helped translate but also offered to go and get my camera for me which by this time was at a completely different location in Santiago. He did so successfully and when I got back to the hotel that day from my touring of Santiago I had a meagre USD$8 receipt for the cost of the cab which he took to get my camera (which I had already authorized him to do). I was flying back to the US that evening and the photos from my entire trip were on that camera so needless to say I was thrilled. Unfortunately I was not able to thank Rodrigo face to face as he had left for the day but this service like this makes places like the Hotel Bonaparte exceptional!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank trina521
San Diego, CA
Reviewed December 4, 2010

We had a nice stay at Hotel Bonaparte! It is in a great location in Providencia- about a 15 minute walk to the subway. The staff was always ready to help us with whatever we needed, but they were a little too determined to ensure we had received the wake-up calls we requested. Also, there was one day we only had a couple of towels and the hair dryer would die after a couple of minutes. Don't plan on swimming laps in the pool- it is really more of a fountain. The computers with Internet access were very helpful. Overall, this hotel is a good value in a great location.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RTSanDiego
tucson,
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We stayed here at the Bonaparte several times over the course of two years without incident. This review would have been one of my most positive experiences in Chilean hotels, THAT IS until $600.00usd was taken from my room. The group of interchange students I am in charge of never lost more than a few small items, Maybe lost or misplaced since college students may be proned to pack in a hurry, its likely those items were never on the plane from the USA. The staff at the Bonaparte were usually a profesional , attentive staff, superb in many ways which made it more difficult to accept that the money was taken in the first place. The Carabineros (police) arrived quickly to take my statement and were professional, even though they stated that I would never get it back unless someone admitted to stealing it..
The hotel manager on the other hand was not so courteous nor was he remotely helpful, as he tried to convince me that I never had six hundred dollars, and that if I did have $600.00 why was it not hidden or placed in the safe box! He then became more agitated after I insisted someone on his staff took the money, OBVIOUSLY I didnt have the money any longer and its no longer in my room, he again tried placing the blame and responsibility on me. This childish blame the victim tactic is common in Chile and possibly elsewhere in South America. He never brought the two room cleaners to talk to the carabineros nor would he consider they might steal, instead he maintained his diversion and denial. If you feel like gambling and you want a well located, clean hotel with an enormous international breakfast buffet this is for you, just be prepared to pay more than you expected! Needless to say our group will not return.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business