“good experience just one hour away from Santiago”

El Colorado Ski Center
Book In Advance
$42.00*
Snow Day Trip to Colorado Ski Center from Santiago
$58.00*
and up
Small-Group Tour from Santiago: Farellones Sightseeing, La Parva, and El...
$70.00*
Private Tour: Valle Nevado and Farellones from Santiago
Ranked #29 of 535 things to do in Santiago
Reviewed October 17, 2013

While I am an inexperienced skier, I really enjoyed my trip to El Colorado. It was a nice place to spend half a day, the slopes were well maintained, it wasn't too crowded and provided magnificent views!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,479)

Reviewed October 7, 2013

My Dad and I landed in Santiago and headed straight for the slopes. The conditions were a little wet and warm in September but the skiing felt fast. Driving to the village near the slopes and renting skis there was no problem. Overall it was a fun place to spend the day. Chairlifts were on the slow side but worth the trip.

2  Thank Tony F
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We took the bus from a tour company in Las Condes and took about 2 hours to get to el Colorado Ski Center. You can rent everything they have in the store but just make sure you get there early because by the time I got there no which was like 12pm there were no more gloves. Since we were beginners we took the beginner class. We went at that right time when it started snowing :) had an awesome time

1  Thank robertpuessi
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Warning: The ticket that is issued at El Colorado is an electronic ticket that you put in your pocket. It does not have any instructions on it, English or Spanish. If you try to punch it and attach it to your coat like we do in the USA, it WILL NOT WORK!!!! It will be a big hassle to try and exchange it.

The Western face that shares a border with Valle Nevado has some awesome off-piste bowl skiing. We were fortunate to hit it on a powder day and it was great. Unfortunately, they only have t-bar surface lifts over there, so it takes a lot out of you.

The east face is pretty boring. Just straight shots down the mountain. There are a few actual chair lifts, but they are the slowest lifts I have ever seen in my life.

The food at the restaurant at the base was quite good, a lot better than at Valle Nevado, but just as expensive and just as slow.

2  Thank VA-beer
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Much larger resport since we were last there. Excellent off-piste as well as well groomed pistes. Its a shame it isn't on a shared ski pass with Vallee Nevada as their runs are now so very close