“A must see”

Ranked #16 of 535 things to do in Santiago
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This cultural city neighborhood is rich with artists, entertainers and some of chile's best ethnic and local cuisine.
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Bellavista is a great place to come on the weekenss, there are so many good restaurants and such a lively local scene. There are two parts, a side with cheap beer and plastic tables, and another with super trendy expensive joints. Lots of dancing. Just hold on to your purses and wallets. One can get mugged here.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,444)

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

I went there last wednesday for dinner. Had a good time.. But had the worst experience I can remember in my whole 63 years of life with a taxi driver..
A taxi was on the corner of the main street waiting for passengers around 10 pm.. He told me that going from there to Marriot was 8,000 pesos what is around 3,000 more than it should. By the way I speak spanish and said it was too much.. I asked him to stop on next block that I would go out. He stopped and asked 490 pesos for this one block.. I refused to pay and get out of the car.. He also went out and continue insist on the $.. I decided to pay and gave him coins.. At this time he punch me, very hard and all I remember when I stand up is that he was going away.. My left eyes ate red, my glasses are broken, i have cut my eyes and mouth.. Never expected that reaction.. Unfortunately i could not take his license plate otherwise I would go to the police..
Very sad his reaction, what a coward guy punching me when I was totally not expecting., what a crazy guy!
Well.. There is crazy people everywhere, but this is totally unacceptable, specially that I did not offend him..

I will never again will be there.. What a bad experience. I hope that someone could get his plate and report him to police.. I am sure that he will act again,.

Loved Chile, but this experience will make me thing twice if I have to return to Chile..

2  Thank Reginaldo B
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My wife and I took a walking tour that ended in Bellavista. We spent time afterwards exploring the area and found plenty to keep us occupied. Several pretty good places to grab a drink and just relax for not much money. If you want to grab a bite of dinner, there are a few good local places that again won't put a hole in your wallet. Thursdays seem to be the happening night in Bellavista. Have fun exploring....

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Barrio Bellavista is known as the bohemian side of Santiago. There are a variety of restaurants and bars to visit. The area is home to two or three big universities so during the day, expect to see a lot of uni students hanging out in Bellavista's bars and small restaurants.
There in Bellavista you can visit the Cerro San Cristobal, where you can enjoy a lovely view of Santiago.

1  Thank Barala105
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The "Patio" has all sorts of shops and restaurants, from casual to top end dining. Several bars with live music on Friday and Saturday.. For more value, walk up the street and eat outside at one of the casual places along the street. Pollo, fries, beer for very little. Wander around the adjacent streets. Lots more restaurants. Late at night Bellavista becomes more of a loud club/bar scene. Neat area - lots of upgrades in the past year or so....