“Great hotel”
Review of Hotel Orly

Hotel Orly
Ranked #26 of 204 Hotels in Santiago
Reviewed November 24, 2005

This place is a gem. My husband and I only stayed for one night, but it was the most comfortable place we stayed in Chile, including hotels that were twice the cost. The room was small but clean, neat, well-decorated and comfortable. The staff speak good English and were more than happy to direct us to local attractions. This area of the city-Providencia-is attractive, modern, safe, and within walking distance (albeit a longer walk) to downtown. The metro is easy to use and is two long blocks away. We would stay here again in a heartbeat.

8  Thank raleightravels
Write a ReviewReviews (1,723)

Reviewed October 28, 2005

• Stayed: October 2005
8  Thank smitch
Reviewed October 19, 2005

I just returned from a three week trip to South America, including a 3-day stay at the Hotel Orly in Santiago, Chile. This was my favorite hotel of the entire trip. It is located very centrally and two blocks from the nearest subway stop. The Orly is similar to a Parisian-style boutique hotel--only a few rooms per floor, very tastefully furnished, and a lovely oasis in the city. A full breakfast is included in the room rate, and can be eaten either in the dining room, or in a lovely garden patio. The staff is very helpful and friendly, and fluent in English. There is also an excellent cafe attached to the hotel, which is a nice place to sit and people watch. I would absolutely return to this hotel--it was a highlight of my stay in South America.

12  Thank YankeesFanLosAngeles
Reviewed September 20, 2005

Stayed: August 2005
5  Thank Ellemay
Reviewed September 9, 2005

As my husband and I travel extensively, before we book any hotel, we go to Trip Advisor first to check the reviews. For a variety of reasons, we went to Santiago on very, very short notice (three days). After reading the Trip Advisor reviews, we went to the Hotel Orly website and booked a double room for a week. Because there was such a short time between our reservations and when we were arriving, we also called and confirmed. We received immediate email confirmation for our room. The rate was an incredible $77.00 a night, which included a wonderful breakfast; tea/coffee/fruit and cookies all day in the lovely eating rooms; AND pick up and return to the airport (since we were staying more than five days).

Even though we were more than an hour late arriving, our wonderful driver was waiting for us. He told us that he had come early, just to make sure that he was there when we arrived. Every member of the staff was fantastic. My husband is Spanish speaking--however everyone in the hotel spoke excellent English. We knew that the room would probably not be ready when we arrived because we came in very early (10:00 am). So, upon our arrival, the staff showed us a room where we could change out our all night travel clothes and took our suitcases for storage. Just as soon as a room was available, we were able to go to our room. It was lovely, quiet and had a huge bathroom.

One little side note--my husband and I like to walk everywhere, so it was so wonderful to come back to the hotel in the late afternoon, have a cup of tea or coffee and then rest before changing and going to dinner. It was quite a pleasant surprise to find that the cable TV had at least a dozen English speaking channels to watch during our early evening rest. And yet another plus, there was internet cafe next door and another across the street--both only charged less $2.00 an hour (in 15 minute increments).

In addition, the Hotel is located in a lovely area--with lots of shops and cafes and close to the metro stop. Additionally, it is close to a main street that has lots of buses. There was another big plus for us: Since we were going on to Buenos Aires, we needed to do laundry at the end of our stay. The hotel staff sent us to a laundry around the corner which washed, dried and folded a week's worth of winter clothes for about $15.00.

Lastly, since we were staying a week, we enlisted the aid of the hotel staff for suggestions as to places to visit. They were so helpful: They gave us maps, directions, made suggestions and even called the wineries to make tour reservations for us.

I really could go on forever. We both agreed that it was probably the nicest place we had ever stayed. It was not only lovely, but also warm and comfortable--like visiting a good friend's very nice home.

• Stayed: August 2005
26  Thank LikesToTravel47
Reviewed September 2, 2005

• Stayed: August 2005
28  Thank RezaDu
Reviewed August 30, 2005

I have stayed at this hotel a few times on my last trip to Chile. It has the charm that is lost on so many new hotels. This is a hotel that maintains the feel of a small family owned and operated hotel (I am not sure if it is family owned, but I believe it is). The rooms are nicely decorated(it is true that the front could be a little noisy, but not so much as to keep you awake) and it is centrally located both to the subway and if you are getting around the city by car or taxi. The staff is friendly and will go above and beyond to help. I don't speak Spanish and the front desk spoke pretty good English and through some rough translation he helped me use a local calling card. When I had difficulty using the card later ( it was a very poorly designed card) he volunteered to hold the card at the desk for me and help me with my future calls, he even refused to take the last 5 or 6 dollars I had on the card when I was leaving insisting that I hold on to it for my next stay in Chile. They also were more then wiling to make any reservations or conformations I needed, going as far as to track down a better restaurant and wine tour for me. A clerk I made friends with would often stop by our table at breakfast to see what our days plans were and if he could help arrange anything. Hotels like this exist mainly in travel stories from twenty or thirty years ago. It is nice to stay in a hotel that is not just a place to sleep but part of the whole travel experience.

• Stayed: December 2004