“One of the best” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 197 Hotels in Santiago
New York City, New York
“One of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2005

I have stayed at this hotel a few times on my last trip to Chile. It has the charm that is lost on so many new hotels. This is a hotel that maintains the feel of a small family owned and operated hotel (I am not sure if it is family owned, but I believe it is). The rooms are nicely decorated(it is true that the front could be a little noisy, but not so much as to keep you awake) and it is centrally located both to the subway and if you are getting around the city by car or taxi. The staff is friendly and will go above and beyond to help. I don't speak Spanish and the front desk spoke pretty good English and through some rough translation he helped me use a local calling card. When I had difficulty using the card later ( it was a very poorly designed card) he volunteered to hold the card at the desk for me and help me with my future calls, he even refused to take the last 5 or 6 dollars I had on the card when I was leaving insisting that I hold on to it for my next stay in Chile. They also were more then wiling to make any reservations or conformations I needed, going as far as to track down a better restaurant and wine tour for me. A clerk I made friends with would often stop by our table at breakfast to see what our days plans were and if he could help arrange anything. Hotels like this exist mainly in travel stories from twenty or thirty years ago. It is nice to stay in a hotel that is not just a place to sleep but part of the whole travel experience.

• Stayed December 2004
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank manunyc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Finnish first
Travelers also viewed these Santiago hotels
Providencia
Santa Lucia
Hotel Ismael 312
Hotel Ismael 312
#14 of 197 in Santiago

Been to Hotel Orly? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Orly

Property: Hotel Orly
Address: Avenida Pedro de Valdivia 027 | Providencia, Santiago, Chile
Location: Chile > Santiago Metropolitan Region > Santiago
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#13 Family Hotel in Santiago
#20 Romantic Hotel in Santiago
#27 Business Hotel in Santiago
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Hotel Orly 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Orly reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Orly Hotel Santiago