“My Impression”

Ranked #25 of 196 Hotels in Santiago
Atlanta, Georgia
“My Impression”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a 3-night stay in Santaigo to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We flew in from Atlanta, GA, Thursday night, arriving Friday morning. I am actually writing this review, while sitting at the dinning table at Hotel Orly. The hotel staff was very friendly and accomodating. We elected to stay off-site of the main hotel because it offered a small apartment size stay vs. the single rooms in the main building, that is located about a half of a block down the street. For stays longer than one night, this is the way to go.
The only reason I'm not giving a 5-star is due to the big-screen TV in the living room, was not working because the TV's remote couldn't be located. The apartment is spacious enough for two couples or a family. With microwave, washer, refrig. Comes with cookware, dishes and fee bottled water, coffee and tea. Overall we are very pleased with everything including the price!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Clinton S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Finnish first
Oceanside
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Orly three separate times during our visit to Chile. Twice we stayed in the hotel's apartments and we recommend the apartments wholeheartedly. It is so nice to have a living room area to relax and read (or do computer work). The beds were incredibly comfortable. The small kitchen with a refrigerator (and a clothes washer in one apartment) is very nice. The view of the park is lovely. The apartments are a block away from the hotel and the hotel is located in a great area of Santiago. We stayed one night in a queen room at the hotel but wished we would have been in an apartment. There is some traffic noise at the apartments during the day but at night it's minimal.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Christine D
Bangalore
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The hotel is not badly located near Pedro de Valdivia metro station in an upmarket área, very well maintained in the main building and excellent breakfast with beverages, fruits and snacks available throughout the day for all occupants . However, we were put up in the separate modern apartment building which is not very close to the main building to which we had to come for breakfast for the reception and settling of the bill and for use of the computer The metro station becomes quite far for the new building There is wireless available however in the new building. The new room is an apartment with a kitchenette, small compact and comfortable. It should at least have a mirror outside the bathroom. The keys to the new building apartment get stuck also The staff were helpful We were provided facilities to get ready as we arrived by a very early flight Recommended in case you dont mind having to walk a bit to reach the metro and to get to breakfast etc every day

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gourmandBangalore
Scotland
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and trust everything that trip advisor has to say about this hotel. It was comfortable enough that you could chill in the main sitting areas. It's not a pristine 5*, but you get the feeling the staff love where the work. We had a room on the 5 th floor which was small and t he walls were a bit thin, but don't let that put you off. Breakfast was also superb and all day tea and coffee great too. The staff are first class as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FK66
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Orly in September 2013, for business. Overall, I like the hotel, especially for the price and the location, and I highly recommend the hotel if you don't mind the size.

(Pros)
(1) Location location location. It's located a couple of minutes away from the subway station Pedro de Valdivia, and is in the middle of a posh neighborhood of Santiago. Lot of cool restaurants and pubs next door and within a walking distance. Using subway you can easily go to other tourism destinations without transferring the train.
(2) Coffee, tea, juice, cookies, and fruits are available 24 hours behind the front desk.
(3) The staff are very nice! They are friendly, speak good English ,and very nice. One night, I was working and did not have time for dinner (all restaurants were closed when I finally had time for dinner). When the people at the front desk found out I was hungry, but had nowhere to go, he told me I can have cookies and fruits, and brought out more cookies for me!
(4) My room was clean, and nicely decorated.
(5) The hotel has a feel of a hotel in Europe, like Paris (see the cons as well).
(6) It's reasonably priced, considering all the pros.

(Cons)
(1) Very small!! I had a large suitcase, but still, it's rare that I cannot open my suitcase flat in the room! Basically once I open my suitcase, I cannot walk around the room without jumping. Not surprising in Europe, like Paris or London, but a bit disturbing in Santiago...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank makoto n
Sydney
Reviewed September 11, 2013

A lovely hotel with character. Its as though the foyer and sitting rooms of a grander hotel have been shrunk to fit into the rooms here. Timber floors with scatter rugs, repro furniture and lounges. Antique like tables and chairs all add to give this hotel a warm and cozy feel.
We stayed in the apartments just down the road. Roomy areas a little more modern. Everything clean and a warm and comfy king size bed. Staff friendly and obliging. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We just stayed here for 3 nights and it was outstanding service. We were given one of the apartments just down the street and it was perfect for 3 of us. It was well equipped and very clean. We had daily cleaning service. The Hotel Orly has a very good breakfast as well as cookies and tea, water, coffee and juice out all day. From the minute we walked in, they gave us 100% attention and went over every detail to make our stay perfect.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family