“What a View !!”

Ranked #44 of 196 Hotels in Santiago
Sao Paulo, SP
“What a View !!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Our Double bed room was big and clean. The Large windows facing the Andes where awesome…Concierge service sharp and fast and knowledgeable. Hotel close to shopping center and some attractions. If you like wines and want to visit wineries ask for transportation to Concierge they have several options. Negative issue: Spa was closed.

Room Tip: ask for rooms facind the Mountains
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MarcLorenz, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Santiago, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your feedback which is much appreciated.
Very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and our product, location, facilities and services.
Needless to say that we are very proud of such amazing views onto the beautiful Andes Mountains and I am very happy to know that you found them as stunning.
I appreciate your understanding of the closed Spa which had gone through a small renovation during the time you visited. I am glad to let you know that it is back open and I hope you will have a return visit in the near future to experience it.
Marc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Goiania, Brazil
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Close to Arauco mall and park (5' walking distance), and beside best golf field on town. Excellent service at grand club level. Has 3 average to good restaurants (Thai, Japanese, and Italian, with moderate prices and wine list). Good spa and Gyn area , facing back the nice pool place with its charmy cascade (although with unexplained cold water...). Also a lounge bar with live music till 1am.
I would be happy to come back!

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your very recent stay with us.
I am very happy to read that you appreciated and liked our product, location and services.
Many thanks also for considering to come back which we appreciate tremendously knowing that you have a large choice of hotels in Santiago.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do in the future and hoping that Grand Hyatt Santiago can welcome you back again soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time at this hotel in Santiago. It is well located and the service is great. The rooms are spacious and well appointed, although the hotel is starting to show its years. The bathrooms while clean and spacious are at the point that they need renovation.

Restaurants and food were great. Swimming pool and spa were very nice as well.

This hotel will be great once the bathrooms get the renovation they need.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest
Many thanks for your feedback and contructive comments.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your overall visit with us and liked our facilities, service and product.
I am excited to let you know that the hotel in deed has plans for a comprehensive rennovation in the upcoming year which will include the bathrooms as well.
Hoping to welcome you back in the future to show and share with you our new product.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I recently spend three days at the Grand Hyatt in Santiago. Overall, I found the hotel of a high quality. My 5th floor room was extremely spacious, clean and with all the facilities one expects in a high quality hotel. The hotel itself was in good condition, with nice gardens and a very inviting pool (although it was too cold for me to try while there). Breakfasts provide a good selection, including cooked-to-order eggs, and there is also a good selection of restaurants within the hotel complex itself. My only criticism was that service could be a little patchy at times - nothing to complain about, but letting down what should otherwise be a 5-star hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 007Sydney
Dear Guest
Many thanks for your kind feedback and having taken the time to write about your recent stay with us. Much appreciated!
Very happy to read that you enjoyed our facilities, product and services. Your constructive feedback about the customer service has been taken on board and already been discussed internally and surely will help us to continue to improve our customer service.
I hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon to Grand Hyatt Santiago.
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is a really nice hotel. I only stayed there one night, but I had no complaints at all. It is very well maintained. The lobby is magnificent and the lobby bar incredibly nice. I only ate breakfast at the hotel...and a couple of appetizers, but everything was great! the staff is just about the friendliest group of people I have ever encountered at a hotel.

The room was certainly grand...with stunning views of the mountain. It was spacious...with a sunken seating area...by the windows. The bathroom was spotless...including the corners.

I have only good things to say about this hotels. It is a Hyatt deserving of the Grand name.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your amazing feedback which makes us all very proud.
Your comment about our people being the ´´friendlies group of people you ever met in a hotel´´ really means a lot and I can only hope that you will be coming our way again soon and give us another opportunity to welcome you back to Grand Hyatt Santiago.
Please make yourself known as it would be a great pleasure to meet you in person.
Portland, Maine
Reviewed October 17, 2013

While I was initially skeptical about the hotel, it exceeded my expectations. The bed was super comfortable, service was great and I had an amazing view of the mountains. Breakfast had a very good selection and our meals at the event had all I need.
The hotel is located within a 5 min walk from a large mall and a 10 min walk to a metro station. So it was just right! Although I do wish that the fancy chocolate things in the lobby were complimentary and that the weather was warm enough to swim in the outside pool!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest
My sincere thanks for your review and feedback. You have made our day by telling us that we have exceeded your expectations, I could not ask for more.
I can only hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back warmly to Grand Hyatt Santiago in the near future and please make yourself known as it would be a great pleasure to meet you in person.
Perth
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed at the Grand Hyatt in an executive suite. The room I had was very nice. It was large, comfortable and came with a nice terrace overlooking the pool. The bed wasn't great. It was a little too low and hard for my liking. Perhaps that is the way Chileans like it.

I must say, the service at the hotel is pretty hit-and-miss. I wouldn't exactly say that our check-in was performed in a friendly manner. The people checking me in did offer me a check-in at the executive floor but I decided against it. Still, I was surprised to be treated in a relatively curt manner. Similarly, the "guardians" at the executive floor do not welcome you into the lounge. They are more focused in checking that you qualify to enter the lounge. No warm smiles or friendly greetings. Could be a cultural thing.

The lounge on the executive floor was quite pleasant. Not on par with the ones in Asia but still very nice. Service was patchy. I requested a pisco sour and it never arrived even after I asked for it twice over a 10-15 minute period. Perhaps the staff were preoccupied by the Argentine teen star (Violetta) who was with her entourage waiting for an elevator to take them down.

The Grand Hyatt is like any other business hotel. They tend to be nice but with no soul. I suspect that this one has some kinks in service delivery to iron out.

The Grand Hyatt is also not the most convenient place to stay if you want to visit the city. The city is a relatively short taxi ride away.

Room Tip: Choose a good room at the Marriott. It is close to the Grand Hyatt and they have good beds.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you first and foremost for having taken the time to write comprehensively about your recent stay with us, we appreciate it very much.
Your constructive feedback is very much taken on board and has been discussed with the team, specially the Grand Club team and will help us to improve on our customer service and focus.
It is particularly disappointing for me to read that you did not feel warmth and friendliness in our service which is usually something we are very proud of, so this has been addressed with priority.
I hope you will still give us another opportunity to welcome you back in the future and please let me know if there is anything I can do as it would be a pleasure to meet you in person.