“Really good hotel”
Review of Hotel Santiago

Hotel Santiago
Ranked #38 of 202 Hotels in Santiago
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel before and after tackling the 5-day Patagonia trail hike, and it was a very good way to bookend that amazing trip.
The rooms are amazing - make sure to get one with a view of the mountains, or the pool.

Room Tip: make sure to get one with a view of the mountains, or the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
MarcLorenz, General Manager at Hotel Santiago, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear Guest
Many thanks for your time to write and share your recent experience with us, we really appreciate it and it means a lot to us.
We are very proud of our services and product and it is great to read that you had a good time relaxing after your Patagonia tour.
Hoping to welcome you back again in the near future and possibly a little longer.
Marc

Write a ReviewReviews (2,066)

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The Grand Hyatt is an elegant atrium hotel with very elegant finishes. The pricing we got was a great value and we upgraded to the club level. The biggest disadvantage is that is is about a 10 - 15 minute walk to the metro so is otherwise car or taxi dependent. The upside is that it is on a large site with beautiful grounds and lots of outdoor dining and a beautiful pool for an urban hotel. Santiago is an impressive city and I recommend the hotel if you are not using transit anyway.

Room Tip: All rooms are likely good. The club level on the top has great views.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alanbill16

Dear Guest
First and foremost, many thanks for sharing your experiences during your recent stay with us.
We very much appreciate it and it encourages us all immensely.
As we are very proud of our services and product, it is wonderful to read that you appreciated our ´´Urban Oasis´´, the large outdoor spaces, restaurants and resort style pool area.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

This is my sixth time at the Grand Hyatt Santiago and I still think it's the best. The rooms are very comfortable and the people at the front desk extremely helpful. I asked the concierge (I think her name was Francesca) to make me several reservations for restaurants and she always helped me immediately and did it with a smile! I thought of going this time to the Ritz Carlton to try it but changed my mind and went to the Hyatt again and I don't regret it at all! Impeccable service, nice people, superb breakfast (thanks for adding sopaipillas and pebre!) I arrived at 7am and gave me early check in and even asked me if I prefered a high or low floor. I was given an excellent room on a high floor overlooking the cordillera. I have no doubt in my mind this hotel is the best in Santiago.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ushi

Dear Guest
WOW! You did not only make our day when you posted your review you exceeded our expectations. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences during your recent stay, it is very much appreciated and an incredible motivator for the entire team.
Francesca, and you even remebered the name correctly, is particularly excited and thrilled to take care of more guests who know her name now from your review.
Thank you also for noticing all the details such as adding the sopaipillas to our breakfast buffet, the chefs loved it.
I can only hope that we will be get another chance soon to welcome you the 7th time to our hotel.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Before becoming a member of this society TripAdvisor,I had been staying at this hotel. I waited for a new opportunity, just to confirm the first impression I had years ago: this is a perfect hotel in every way! A reception with impeccable service considering fast check-in, polite and friendly staff, offering a choice of two daily newspapers. Large apartment with a pleasant aroma, characteristic only of the hotel, bringing memories of six years ago, on the occasion of my first stay. Bathroom with branded amenities of the hotel spa, towels ALWAYS very soft and white. The shower could be a little better, but offers a hot shower with little pressure. King size beds with Egyptian cotton sheets. A huge window, with stunning views of the Andes. Breakfast fit for a king with solicitous staff anytime and a five stars buffet selections with the best cheeses, seasonal fruit, homemade yoghurts and all that is best!! Unfortunately, did not enjoy the common areas of the hotel: pool, bar, spa etc ... but I assure you it is worth considering the beauty of the architecture of the place and staff training. The location? Far from the historic center and airport

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mocreu

Dear Guest
Allow me to start with thanking you for sharing so much detail and taking the time to write about your recent visit to Grand Hyatt Santiago.
Reading though your observations show me how detailed and experienced you are and receiving such feedback is a huge motivator for our entire team to continue to work hard on exceeding guest expectations every day.
I can only hope that we will get a chance and the honor to welcome you back much earlier than in 6 years when you first stayed with us.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed 2 nights only, due to a short holiday we had.
We made the reservation using my credit card, Amex Platinum, which was really something exceptional.
Upgrade, late check out, early chek in, breakfast, massage for two, all included in the benefits of the card.
We stayed in a huge room overlooking the Cordilera, perfect!
Our floor was restricted with breakfast different from the rest of the hotel and happy hour with drinks and little things to eat, very good!
From our room we could access the wifi from the lobby of our exclusive floor, which was good, otherwise we would pay for wifi, which is not reasonable for this kind of hotel.
Is to say that when we got our toiled had a problem that was solved in awhile, nothing too serious, but I saw that the hotel service was efficient.
Now the bad points: as our floor was 15, if I am not mistaken, the breakfast was limited to certain items and eggs, for example, were not included. In addition to cost a lot, still lingered by being made in another kitchen, logistics strange ...
Prices of food and drinks are expensive, and expensive, such as beer at the pool cost 10x more than in the mal just across the street..
The restaurants do not have an interesting opening hours, closing afternoon and is only the lobby bar to eat, they could leave them open, I dont know...
The Japanese restaurant that is well recommended was closed when we went, which was a shame.
In the end, with the benefits of my card, I'd say it's worth staying in this hotel, which has a magnificent structure, beautiful rooms, nice service and good location.

Room Tip: Stay at the club level, there is happy hour and wifi included. Ask for a room with the Cordilera vie...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gusta1979

Dear Guest
I honestly don´t know how I can adequantly thank you for sharing so much detail about your recent stay with us in March.
The comments and detail you shared confirms once again what experienced travelers we have the honor of serving every day.
For all your positive comments, thank you so much they are a huge motivator for the entire team.
As for your very contructive comments, I really appreciate them and they are well taken as they are the only way for us to continue to work on our services and product.
I assure you that the leadership team of the hotel is taking them very seriously and hoping that you visit us again, you shall see the results.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Well kept hotel with spacious rooms, excellent views and great service. Room guests have complementary access to the well equipped Eko SPA. The pool in a garden setting complete with waterfall was simply beautiful. Unfortunately, the weather didnt allow for a dip. The rooms were a bit too dark for my liking and did not come with coffee and tea making facilities which I thought was a big let-down given there are no convenience stores nearby.

Room Tip: High floor rooms for a better view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ed R

Dear Guest
Thanks for your feedback and taking the time to share the experience of your recent stay with us. We very much appreciate it and it is a big encouragement for our team.
Your comments about the rooms being a bit dark and the missing tea and coffee making facilities are well received and I can assure you that this will be taken care of in the upcoming refurbishment of the rooms and public areas in the very near future.
In regards to the convenience stores, we will for sure be able to assist and point you in the right direction during your next visit as a big shopping centre and supermarket is a 5 minute walk from the hotel.
Hoping to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

we stayed for a week on the executive level. Staff were extremely attentive, courteous and effective. I have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to others. It is a 15 minute walk to the nearest subway station, the only downside. Talk to Andres in the 16th floor lounge, he's a hoot.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest
We are thrilled with your feedback and Andres is much looking forward to future travellers who will be looking out for him thanks to your comments.
Many thanks for taking the time to share your experiences, it is a huge motivator to the entire team and I am most grateful.
Hoping to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.
with kind regards