Hotel Santiago
$109
$104
Park Plaza(Santiago)
$159
Le Reve Hotel Boutique(Santiago)
$199
HolidayInn.com
$164
$158
2,122 results
All reviewsgrand hyattsplit levelgreat hotellarge poolclub floorandes mountainspool area isa large shopping mallchilliparque araucobusiness hotelsensomatsuriloungeconciergeatriumcordillera
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I actually would rate this Hyatt somewhere between Average and Very Good. For the price the hotel offered nothing really special. The rooms are large and well appointed. It was comfortable sleeping and quiet. The breakfast provided was average on the main floor--a continental style if you breakfased on the 15th floor "executive" lounge. I found the 15th floor executive lounge over-heated and airless, an unpleasant area to have morning coffee.

The location of the hotel is far from the downtown area, nothing interesting is within walking distance. The pool area is nice but there are not enough chaises to accommodate all the quests.

Room Tip: Rooms in high floors have great views to the cordillera...........
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Charles W
Grand Hyatt S, Director General at Hotel Santiago, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your comments. Our Executive Committee and myself are aware of your feedback and please rest assured that we are taking measures in order to improve.
It will be our pleasure to have you back and revert your unpleasant experience.
PR- GM

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed here at the end of January for a conference. The room was immaculate and the view of Santiago beautiful. I stayed in a standard room which was very spacious. The bathroom was fully stocked with a variety of toiletries in case anything was forgotten. Room services was really quick and the food was good (but a bit pricey). My only bad experience was the squid and chorizo appetizer, where the squid was very slimey. The location was great, near a mall, Ripley(I did not get a chance to go but appreciated the option). The lobby was very elegantly decorated and the pianist, upon arrival was playing a classical piano version of a techno song (very unique). One note was that in this hotel (but I suspect this extends to Santiago in general) it seems to be custom that late check out warrants another nights charge and likewise checking in early can cost you an extra nights charge as well (if you travel in the US, late check-out tends to be a free courtesy). The pools were beautiful (didnt get a chance to enjoy) and the buffet breakfast included with the room was elaborate and tasty. Laundry service was quick and efficient (no ironing board or iron in the room). Front desk staff was very helpful and could assist me in both english and spanish with ease.

Room Tip: higher floors will give you a better view but with the circular shape of the hotel all rooms will have a view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Grand Hyatt S, Director General at Hotel Santiago, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Guest: Thank you very much for your valuable comments about your stay during St. Valentine’s day. We truly hope that you have enjoyed. It is very important for us to look after to our guest and we are working hard in order to do so all the time.
Looking forward to have you back in the near future.
PR- GM

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is my third stay at this hotel and each time I have stayed here I leave underwhelmed. My employer has this hotel as one of its preferred places to stay but we have others. Next time I will be taking my business to the Marriott as a number of my colleagues have done in recent months. Why? Please read on...

1. As a Hyatt Platinum Gold Passport holder you would expect to be given some sort of acknowledgement when you arrive. "Welcome back" would be a great start. This visit there was nothing of the sort. All I was asked was would I like to pay USD60 extra to upgrade to a Club Room! I don't think so...

2. The room service menu provides some really ordinary meals. These are also seriously over priced by any standard.

3. Breakfast is the same food day in, day out. This wouldn't be so bad if the food was high quality. The hot choices are quite simply abysmal.

4. The TVs in the room are like something from out of the 1980s. I mean seriously, you would think that a Hyatt just put in some respectable flat screens and be done with it.

This stayed just confirmed what I had thought from my previous one. So, sorry Grand Hyatt Santiago, I won't be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Kosta100
Grand Hyatt S, Director General at Hotel Santiago, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Guest: Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We feel very disappointed for not being able to reach your expectation. We will continue working hard in order provide the best hospitality to all our guests.
We look forward to have you back in our hotel and revert your last experience.
PR

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We spent one night before departing on a cruise, check in was effortless, rooms spacious. Older B&O television, 110 volt outlet at desk for North Americans. Surprising to find wifi was not included and was $20 for one day. Not only that, it kept disconnecting requiring re-logins every 5 minutes. Great hotel, but wifi experience left a sour taste.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nitroused

Dear Guest: thank you for let us know about your visit to our property. Your feedback is very valuable for us, and please allow me to inform you about our upcoming renovation of our facilities, during this current year. Regarding your comments about internet, we would like to share with you that this service is for free in our public areas, and the fee in the rooms has been reduced to the 50%
We are working hard all the time in order to improve.
Looking forward to welcoming you soon.
PR - GM

Reviewed February 2, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Bothercollie

Dear Guest: Thank you very much for your comments. Your feedback is more than helpful for us and we will certainly work harder in order to improve.
We will be delighted to have you back in our house in the near future..
Sincerely, PR