“city centre 4 star”

Ranked #48 of 200 Hotels in Santiago
Hertford, United Kingdom
“city centre 4 star”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Its a big modern, city centre hotel, very well located in the best part of town with easy access to all areas and subway system.
Very approachable staff who were genuinely willing to help with whatever we needed.
Standard room very acceptable and all to a good standard and obviously aimed at the business traveller. Plenty of space in the room and all usual amenities.
Breakfast excellent. Snack lunch also very good, but as a tip order one club sandwich to share!
Pool area disappointing, only small and indoor on the roof.

Room Tip: Go as high in the building as you can, the views are great.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Greek first
Wassenaar, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Recently stayed for the first time in this hotel. Location is excellent - metro station, new costa nera shopping center and restaurants in walking distance. Service the calling card of this hotel. Everyone makes you feel welcome, take care of your wishes, even though at the restaurant it sometimes takes forever to get your omelette. The rooms could use a make over - look a littel jaded but other than the business class rooms are all you need. In Santiago currently the best value for your money!! By they way opposite of the hotel - there is Signore Pizzaria - Santiago's best Pizza !

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TrofiTime
Devon, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is hotel is nothing special even though it is supposed to be a top hotel. The biggest disaster twice over was the food. One evening we ordered some pastries as we had a big lunch on a tour. The first took 30 minutes to arrive and the batman had to fetch the second(a croissant) from the kitchen after 40 minutes. It was very hard and inedible!! After complaining the did not charge us for that or the drinks. Sadly the experience was repeated at breakfast the next morning. They actually managed to serve a burnt omelette! Who is monitoring their standards. The will photo will follow if I can upload it. Not. Nice experience.

Room Tip: Away from the road, we were in room 904 and from what we could tell all rooms ending 01 to 10 on all...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul M
CNavas, Manager at NH Collection Plaza Santiago, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Sir:

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at our Hotel. Our first goal is our guest´s satisfaction and for that reason we have been recognized over the years, that is why I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations with the food service and as I told you personally, I assure you that we will deeply look into your comments with our team and will take the necessary corrective actions.

I hope you visit us again in the future, we will make our best effort to meet or exceed with your expectations and if there is any assistance you need, do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Camilo Navas
Manager
Toronto
Reviewed November 18, 2013

What a wonderful hotel, the service here was just sublime from the front desk , the concierge, the wait staff and even in the gym , a total credit to the way the place was run,no problem too small, a welcome drink, a great room with a view of the snow capped mountains...I dont think we could better this choice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank C C
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Hotel staff was top notch, rooms were great, view was awesome

Example of amazing customer service. My power converter did not work and I blew up my razor on day 1. I called the front desk and asked them where I could pick up a razor around the hotel. They said there was a store around the hotel or I could come down and grab some disposables. About an hour later I went down to the front desk, and the staff informed me the manager was running out to grab me a nice new razor and apologized for my power converter not working. 1 word review: "Excellent"

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This hotel is located walking distance to the Tolababa metro station with easy access to downtown Santiago. Easy access to shopping and restaurants.

The rooms are very comfortable, the internet works at excellent speeds and most importantly of all is that all the staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Argis61
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Ok, maybe not quite, but I was there for one week and felt very well looked after. I had an upgrade, which always helps, but the service was superb throughout the hotel. The views over the Andes were amazing too. Little things did go wrong, but were always sorted (e.g. a bulb went and was replaced within minutes of me calling them. I asked for extar towels oen day, and again, the speed was impressive. Breakfasts were fine, though I did have a poor experience in the restaurant (dinner overcooked) but they addressed it by giving me a free coffee and a discount on the bill. I don't think it's ever fair to demand perfection, but what I do want is quick resolution, and this hote did that very well

Room Tip: Join the rewards club, be nice and ask for an upgrade!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business