3 people are viewing this hotel
$114
Free cancellation until 10/04/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$114
Priceline$114
Hotels.com$114
ZenHotels.com$124
3,497 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 24, 2007

Atton (las condes hotel) is situated in one of the most affluent neighborhoods in Santiago---at least that's what my chilean co-workers told me. I stayed there for 4 nites because of a business trip to Santiago. I believe the rate we got was 95 dollars a night, and for that rate, the hotel is excellent.

If you arrive before noon, there is a fee of about 40 dollars for early check in. The front desk staff is extremely slow, but they are very nice, very polite, and very helpful. On my last day my credit card fell out of my pockets and I didn't realize it. It was found in the hotel lobby and the front desk staff kept it for me. The weird thing is that they saw me and said, sir, have you lost something? And of course I had no idead I had, so i said not sure. I started going thru my pockets, and finally I realized my credit card was missing, so then the staff gave it to me. Weird procedure as the credit card had my name on it, but whatever---I'm lucky they found it and kept it :)

This is a modern hotel and the rooms are very clean, and well lighted. Bed is very comfortable, and the only minor complaint is that the water pressure in the shower wasn't strong enough at peak hours of the day, but if you took a shower at 1pm, shower was very strong.

The room rate came with breakfast, and the breakfast was a feast. I'm a lacto vegetarian, and there was enough for me to eat.
This hotel does cater to the business traveler it seems, so every morning, the hotel breakfast room was packed earlier in the am, but later in the am, it was pretty empty. I was very pleased with the breakfast.

The hotel is located out in suburbia. YOu need to take a taxi, or take the metro which is about a 10-15 min walk from the hotel. At the time of this writing, taking the taxi downtown was 6,000 pesos chileno or with the collapsing dollar, around 12 dollars. Keep in mind, this is from the hotel to downtown as that's the fixed price. The trip back is another story as the fixed price now becomes whatever the meter on the taxi you catch in downtown is, and it will be close to 30 dollars if you don't bargain before.

There is a shopping center nearby that has plenty of eateries, and they are excellent. I tried one every night, and I was always satisfied. You can walk to this shopping center in about 7 minutes, and I believe nearby by there is tourist bus that for 30 dollars, takes you on a tour of the city. One of my colleagues did the tour, but not sure where he caught the bus. The bus is similar to the hop on hop off buses you find in Europe.

Now the bad---internet connection. There is free wireless in the hotel lobby. However, I was never able to connect to it using windows vista. My other colleagues had xp and they got on it just fine, but a dial up connection was ten times faster than the speeds they were getting. I paid for the internet connection in the room, and it was 10 dollars extra per day. However, the connection was horrendous. It was very slow even at times of the day that you imagine nobody is on---like 2am in the morning. I complained to the front desk and they told me to call tech support. I did, and of course, they couldn't resolve the issue.
I then tried using the computers they have in the lobby, and same problem. So if you're a business traveler relying on an internet connection, this is not the hotel for you. There were plenty of wireless signals around, and i was able to get on one of those, but that was also unreliable...

Overall, I was happy with this hotel. However, if you're going to santiago to see the sights, maybe you need a hotel that is closer to downtown, although getting there via the metro is very doable, safe and easy. For the business traveler, great hotel, except for the internet connection.

Date of stay: November 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Einsley U
Reviewed December 19, 2006

The Atton is very clean and well maintained with large rooms containing either two Queen or one King bed (s). Outside space with pool and sunbeds is not extensive, but is a welcome respite from a day´s sight seeing.

Although the hotel does not have a lot of obvious nearby attractions, in fact you are only a 10 minute walk from Santiago´s best shopping mall with a variety of restaurants to chose from. Further down the road is Santiago´s top shopping area with more restaurants (try "Agua") plus Louis Vuitton and all the Big Name Brands well represented.

If you want to go into the centre of town the metro station is 15 minutes walk away. The metro is cheap, frequent and, like the rest of the city very tidy.

Although not a "design hotel" the Atton is great value for money, the Hyatt and the Marriott are nearby and cost Far more. For a balance of price and convenience - we recommend it!

Date of stay: December 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank SGonzalez123
Reviewed April 12, 2006

Stayed at the Atton after a 2 week cruise and found this hotel to be adequate but really, without any major redeeming features. The location is in a good suburban district beside a military barracks and about a 15 minute walk to the excellent subway (The only way to transverse this city ). However, construction is just booming all around so this is no longer a quiet oasis. A very pleasant park and shopping mall are convenient but restaurants are a fair hike away although the hotel does have an excellent dinner menu and fair wine list. An internet room is accessible but is not free - you pay by the minute! A small outdoor pool is available in the event you are transporting penguins - it is absolutely freezing .

Date of stay: March 2006
6  Thank IanToronto
Reviewed November 17, 2005

This was my second stay at the Atton Hotel. It is walking distance to the Las Condes Mall, and a short taxi ride to the Metro. The rooms are modern, very clean and comfortable. No internet connections in the rooms but they have free internet in the lobby with 4 terminals for guest's use. The room rate includes a nice breakfast. If you like to run/walk/jog around the hotel, it is a safe area.

Date of stay: April 2005
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
5  Thank MTCSS
Reviewed October 27, 2005

The Hotel Atton was recommended to us by our Chilean friends living in the U.S. We recently spent three nights at this lovely mid-sized, modern high-rise hotel, in the affluent neighborhood of Las Condes. Though rated only as a four star, we found the service to be as good or better than higher rated hotels. Everyone (front desk, bellhop, maintenance, waiters) was extremely cordial, efficient, and attentive. Our standard room was spacious, clean and tastefully decorated, and only cost 79 dlls per night! The only downside is that the hotel is in a residential area away from the trendier commercial sections of the City. We found this a very minor inconvenience, as taxis (which are plentiful and cheap) can get you to any destination within a few minutes. Avoid the more expensive taxis from the stand outside the hotel, unless you are going to the airport, or on an arranged tour. The surprising additional benefits of staying at the Atton, are the excellent full breakfast (included); the wonderful gift shop in the lobby (better crafts than you will find elsewhere, at reasonable prices); and the outstanding restaurant. Do not miss the beloved baked "Congrio" with shelfish sauce. Though it is translated in most menus in the City as "Conger eel", this is not an eel, but actually the best fish in Chile. An added suggestion to save money, is to pay your hotel bill in U.S. dollars, as this avoids th 19% hotel tax.

7  Thank catador