Sheraton Santiago Hotel and Convention Center
$280
WHotels.com
  • Room Service
$114
Hotel Plaza San Francisco(Santiago)
$149
$149
$164
$136
HolidayInn.com
Le Reve Hotel Boutique(Santiago)
$199
  • Breakfast included
1,396 results
All reviewsel bohiopool arealobby barclub floorconcierge deskhop on hop off buschillisan cristobal hillbreakfast buffet isvery nice hotelbusiness hotellong flightcomfortable roomssouth americasubway stationcidgym
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My husband and I had an unexpected delay after disembarking from a cruise in December. Our decision to stay at the Sheraton Hotel turned out to be less 'stranded in a foreign country' and more of an 'extended vacation'. First, the entire staff went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. The hotel was absolutely beautiful with a lovely color scheme, nice décor items and a fantastic outdoor area. The pool was large and surrounded by chaise lounges, umbrellas, cabanas, fire pits and comfortable outdoor furniture. There was a large bar/seating space just off of the lobby plus a very large outdoor bar and restaurant. We ate breakfast by the pool each morning, lunch and/or dinner in the outdoor restaurant (all delicious) and had evening cocktails by the fire pits in the evenings - perfect. Our room was large with windows facing the inner courtyard/pool area. The linens were of a high standard, the mattress firm but comfy and the choice of pillows were all conducive to a great night's sleep. The hotel has WIFI throughout the hotel including outdoors plus several up-to-date computers for guests' use in the lobby. As wonderful as all of the hotel amenities were, the quality of the staff surpassed them. We would highly recommend staying at this hotel while in Santiago.

Room Tip: It would be a personal choice...either a courtyard/pool view or a view of the city...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
HowieBrown206, General Manager at Sheraton Santiago Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

I appreciate very much your wonderful comments about your recent stay with us. I will share all your comments with my Team and congratulate them for the well done job!

Please visit us again, it would be a pleasure for us to have you back.

Cordially yours,

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I was told that the rooms on the club floor were larger but they were all booked because of the convention going on at the time. Our room overlooking the pool had the best view with the mountains in the distance and the tallest building in South America in the foreground. It was best at sunset. The building was even a pleasant walking distance from the hotel, but unfortunately it was not yet open. We spent the time in the adjoining Mall instead. In fact it was pleasant even walking in the opposite direction through the park along the river admiring the various sculptures, and people watching. This central location compensated for the really cramped bathroom and the bedroom.
The breakfast spread was pretty good and if you are a chocoholic like me, don't forget to ask for hot chocolate instead of coffee. It is really good. As is usual in most South American countries, my selection was very limited in the onsite restaurants because I am a vegetarian.
The pool area had plenty of place to lounge around if you prefer to spend the time in the hotel. Or you could spend the time in the huge gym.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool though it get a little noisy at night if there is party going on in the pool area.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
HowieBrown206, General Manager at Sheraton Santiago Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your wonderful review. I appreciate very much that you took part of your time to evaluate us in this important media.

We feel very happy that you enjoyed all our facilities and the local attractions like parks, malls, etc.

I hope you can visit us again.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Their was an employee labor strike going on during my stay at the hotel. The club floor lounge was closed as was some of the restaurants and bar.Management did a fantastic job of making the guests stay as comfortable as possible during a very stressful time for them.Our room rate was reduced due to the strike without even asking for any reduction in rate. My hats off to the management of the hotel. The guest rooms are a bit tired and need an upgrade.The in room safes in my room was the best one I have ever experienced in a hotel. The name on the safe was Elsafe.I will return on my next trip to Santiago.

Room Tip: Club Floor corner room overlooking the gardens
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
HowieBrown206, General Manager at Sheraton Santiago Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review regarding your recent stay with us. I am very proud of the team that was involved in doing your experience a remarkable one.

We tried very hard to decrease the impact this situation caused to our guests and I am happy to hear that our efforts are recognized.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I always enjoy staying here especially in the warmer weather when the lovely El Bohio outdoor grill restaurant is open. This year I stayed for 4 days in November.

Staff were usually first class and check in was very rapid.

Had a suite room on the club floor which was clean with a very comfortable bed. The room was unfortunately let down with a very awkward and dated bathroom that was divided into two. This consisted of two sinks in the 'changing area' while the shower and toilet were squeezed into a small separate side room. The plug in the bath wouldn't operate properly and the sinks were placed so close to the mirrors that the plug leaver couldn't be pulled open without jamming your finger between the two. The hot and cold water in the shower was very temperamental. Overall the bathroom gave a very poor impression.

Breakfast buffet outside was plentiful and fresh. Only serious complaint here was that the coffee waiters rarely went around so most people were constantly waiting for more coffee. On two occasions I had to go and find a waiter to ask for a refill. Not what you expect in a 5 star hotel. In contrast the same restaurant is open in the evening for the grill buffet which is superb. The staff were completely different and couldn't have been more forthcoming with the water jug or wine bottle. It is a place I love dining at and the grilled meats and salad buffet are superb.

For those like me where the Gymnasium is important, the Hotel has a fantastic Gym with first class equipment in quantity so you are not waiting to use a machine

Overall a great hotel but it could do with some replanning in the bathrooms and the breakfast staff need to be more attentive.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
HowieBrown206, General Manager at Sheraton Santiago Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your review regarding your stay. I am glad to hear that the majority of your stay with us was satisfactory, especially our Restaurant El Bohio and our Gym.

However, I apologize for the inconveniences you faced in the room. Please let us know which room you stayed in, so we can solve these issues. Contact me at me email Howie.brown@sheraton.com so we can discuss further.

Cordially yours,

Reviewed December 1, 2013

If you are staying in Santiago, Chile then the Sheraton is a can't go wrong place to lie your hat. I love the grounds, great gym, very nice breakfast in a peaceful setting, outside around the pool. Be sure to get a room facing the pool as the view of the mountains, with South America's tallest building in the foreground is simply magical. There are plenty of things to do and the the neighborhood is safe and clean. I recommend this place for business or even for families with kids. The grassy park area in the back has a playground for kids plus the kids pool, or the regular pool. All of the major tourist buses come by the hotel, so you can rest assured that you'll be able to easily participate in any organized tour. For those who prefer to go it alone, the hotel has a rental car counter with LOCAL right in the lobby.

Room Tip: Select the pool side rooms for the least noise and the best view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
HowieBrown206, General Manager at Sheraton Santiago Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

I sincerely appreciate your comments about your stay and the great feedback you have provided. It is always great to hear that our guest enjoy our hotel, our facilities. and also the surroundings. The hotel is located in a privileged area of the city and as you mentioned, very safe and clean too.

I hope to have you back soon.

My best regards,