“Does not meet Sheraton standards”

Sheraton Santiago Hotel and Convention Center
Ranked #70 of 200 Hotels in Santiago
Toronto
“Does not meet Sheraton standards”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This hotel has small, outdated rooms in need of facelift. Carpets are old, walls are ugly. The thing that annoys me is that the hotel does not even live up to its own promises. The room service menu says food delivered within 30 minutes. It took 50 minutes and no apology was offered when I called to see if the food was still coming. Also the room service menu makes no mention anywhere of any food delivery fees, however they sneak on extra charges, in odd numbers, in my case a mysterious 1166 Chilean pesos "room service charge." It is only a few dollars, but it's dishonest. They are hoping you won't notice, and then they still expect an additional gratuity. Sheraton is supposed to be a reputable hotel with full transparency of its pricing. This hotel would rather charge you whatever it feels
like. Please state on the menu what extra fees you plan on charging your customers.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank b c
HowieBrown206, General Manager at Sheraton Santiago Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the feedback you have provided. This level of detail is important for us so we know exactly how we can improve for future experiences. I am sorry to hear that we did not inform you about the Room Service charge causing a terrible misunderstanding.

Our Guest Service Agent failed to give you the correct information so I am addressing your comments to the Manager in charge to avoid that a situation like the one described by you it happens to other guests.

Please accept our sincere apologies and hope you reconsider to visit us again.

My best regards,

Howie Brown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed September 20, 2013

The view of the mountain was spactacular. Good place, breakfast was great and people are exceptionally friendly. Best location in the great city of Santiago i had a great time
The mountain view is a must

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HowieBrown206, General Manager at Sheraton Santiago Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, September 23, 2013

Thanks for your review.

I appreciate your letting us know about your experience at our hotel and I am glad you enjoyed our property and Los Andes Mountains!.

Kind regards,

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel is a "Sheraton". The service, staff and rooms are not what one would expect from this name.
My room was just in front of the elevators. Whoever got out from the elevator and talk was heard like he was inside my room. The doors are unbelievably thin.
The interior looked lousy. Very old and not taken care of.
At this point I went to the reception and asked to change room. The constant typical "hotel style" answer was: "we are fully booked for the moment, please come back tomorow morning", (hoping I'll give it up by then thanks to the mess of moving again)
I insisted and asked to talk to the manager. The receptionist looked surprised and went inside to call him. After 4-5 minutes she came back and told me they will move me the "last free room at the hotel".
Surprisingly this room looked better. My conclusion was that they were keeping good rooms and giving away less good ones. Really not acceptable to a "Sheraton".
The staff looked tired and unhappy to help, with one exception-the concierge, Naomi. Rarely you see such a professional helpful concierge like she is.

1 Thank Giovanni17
HowieBrown206, General Manager at Sheraton Santiago Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am deeply troubled to hear about your experience at our hotel, however I appreciate very much your comments about Naomi. She is an outstanding employee and I am proud to have her as part of my team.

In regards to your room change request, it would be very helpful for me to have more details about your date of stay , so please feel free to contact me at my email: howie.brown@sheraton.com to discuss this further.

I look forward to hear from you.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We have a great experience at the Sheraton in Santiago, Chili. The staff at the front desk went out of their way to be helpful. The propoerty was very nice. I took a red-eye and arrived very early in the morning. My room wasn't ready when I arrived at the hotel, but the staff was very accommodating. I went down to the firness center and took a shower and cleaned up while I waited for my room. They stored my baggage for me. Great service!

Room Tip: Ask the front desk to accommodate your needs.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HowieBrown206, General Manager at Sheraton Santiago Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was great to read you review! all your comments were shared with Front Office staff; they are very happy to hear that their service fullfill all your requirements and you felt at home.

Do not hesitate to contact us directly if you have future plans to stay with us.

My best regards,
MInneapolis
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The hotel is very well located just by the "Cerro San Cristobal", which is a reference in Santiago - it is near the Mapocho river, walking distance to a subway station and to a mall. And if you are driving, it is just in front one of the main freeways, called Costanera Norte. It is a huge hotel, prepared for conventions. The room was large with a nice and comfortable bed, flat screen TV, air conditioning and working desk. The bathroom was good but not that large. The negatives are related to amenities that a hotel of that class should have. For example, no coffee machine in the room. TV channels do not include CNN International. No iron available to iron shirts. I also found the carpet stained. One thing that happened was that a car crashed near the hotel, hitting a post with a transformer, so the hotel lost power. The hotel generator did not work, so we were out of energy from 5 to 10 PM and because no energy, no water as well. This is inacceptable in a hotel like that. The hotel does not like to call taxis, they want guests to use the special cars parked just outside, which are nice but very expensive. Of course internet and breakfast are paid.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool - the rooms facing the river are very noisy.
2 Thank Paulo_MSP
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear of your experience and apologize for the inconveniences you faced through.

The situation regarding the car crashed near the hotel was a huge accident and I can assure you that hotel made all the necessary efforts to avoid that this incident affected our guests. I truly regret that you left our property unsatisfied with our services and hope you consider to visit us again in order to take good care of you. If you would like to discuss this further, do not hesitate to contact me to my email: howie.brown@sheraton.com

Mariakerke, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Reviewed August 25, 2013

A big lobby with a well-organized check inn is your first experience.
The spacious rooms are clean but a little bit noisy when there is live music in the bar.
Good and stable Wi-Fi connection.
Nice and well equipped fitness available with indoor and outdoor swimming pool.
Personal is friendly and most all of them can help you in English.
Restaurant has a good selection and good food. Breakfast buffet is perfect.
So let’s conclude, all is there what you can expect from a Sheraton. Not more, not less

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HowieBrown206, General Manager at Sheraton Santiago Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

I sincerely appreciate your great feedback. I proud of my team and will share your comments with the operational staff.

I would be my pleasure to have you back.

Kind regards,

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Have stayed numerous times at this hotel over the past 4 years. Always a good experience. Good location. Great staff. Great breakfast. Comfortable rooms. Even just after the earthquake in Santiago, this hotel still exceeded my expectations. Always look forward to staying here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HowieBrown206, General Manager at Sheraton Santiago Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback from your visit with us. Your excellent comments have been shared with all my staff.

We carried out a full renovation after the earthquake and I am glad we always exceeded your expectations.

Sincerely yours,