“Perfect!”

Park Plaza
Ranked #67 of 196 Hotels in Santiago
“Perfect!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed in the Santiago Park Plaza for my honeymoon and it was just perfect :) very comfortable, the pool at the roof top is lovely, warm with a great view, service was great and the location is perfect. Close to subway station and in front of Starbucks :) I would definitely go again...

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Karinaltmartins
Santiago Park P, at Park Plaza, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Guest:

We really appreciate your positive reviews about your stay in Park Plaza.
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the location and liked our Service

We hope to welcome you back in a near future.

E-Commerce Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We had a 2 night stopover in Santiago and stayed at the Park Plaza. We had a good experience.

It is an older style hotel and well appointed. It is located in a pleasant and very safe area and less than 100 m from a metro station. The staff were all very efficient and friendly. We were provided with a voucher for a free drink in the bar. We both went for a red wine and were served an excellent Argentinian Malbec.

The room was spacious with good supplies. I have read previous reviews complaining about the WiFi. Well I have no complaints. It was free, never dropped out and was relatively fast.

The included buffet breakfast was generally good with a very good selection. We also ate a nice dinner in the restaurant.

My only quibble was that the hot selection for breakfast was definitely not hot! The same was true for the tea and coffee served at breakfast. I have rated the hotel as a 4 because of this, a score of 4.5 is what I would have liked to have given.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you're looking for an alternative to the high priced "American" hotels in Santiago, this hotel might just be what you are looking for. It's an older, but classically furnished, hotel. I enjoy the feel and ambiance of the hotel. It's a little on the expensive side ($200/night), but the rate does include breakfast. In some previous reviews, they complained about the internet speed/connection. I only briefly experienced the bad internet connection where it kept dropping out. As the internet is included in the rate, and they don't limit the number of devices one can have on the internet, it is a recipe for poor internet speeds. Overall, I enjoy the hotel and usually stay here when I come to Santiago.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Normal Hotel, old decoration, poor internet connection, there is no gym in fact, very small and old equipment.
Good breakfast and bed, but expensive to what they can provide.
I won't stay again, I will find a new one, newest and modern with real gym.
Positive point is the location, close to commercial center and subway.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Moab, Utah
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel a number of times. In general it is good. My dissatisfaction stems from the fact that I travel for business and their WiFi is absolutely TERRIBLE. They moved away from wired Internet service (which was fine) and now PRETEND to have WiFi. In reality, it does not work most of the time and when it does, it is horrendously slow. I no longer stay at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank ExpertTraveler1960
santiagoparkplaza, Gerente at Park Plaza, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Guest:

We really sorry that you were unsatisfied during your stay. We really appreciate your comments, in that way we can improve every day and give to our guests the best service.

I hope that you give us another opportunity to prove that our Hotel can be much better

Best Regards

E-commerce Manager
Moab, Utah
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

• Stayed December 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Spent 3 nights here whilst on a business trip; the hotel is a little dated in terms of decor (I imagine they'd call it "classic"), but perfectly clean, comfortable and friendly - a perfect base for spending a few days in Santiago. My room (on the 7th floor) was spacious with a huge bed and good sized bathroom. A couple of minor snags - the radio/ipod dock which comes as standard with the room had an American plug and therefore didn't work with Chilean sockets. Also, the bed only had a thin blanket and sheets, so it got a bit chilly in the middle of the night. Otherwise no problems! Breakfast (included in the room rate) was good - plenty of choice and efficient service. I didn't have time to try the pool and fitness centre, but they're there if you have chance!

Location-wise, the hotel is in the Providencia district, directly opposite Los Leones metro (there is a handy little shopping centre, including small supermarket, in the entrance to the metro).

Room Tip: Mine was on the 7th floor, at the back - possibly a bit quieter than rooms facing onto the main aven...