“There are better options in Santiago”
Review of Park Plaza

Park Plaza
Ranked #69 of 202 Hotels in Santiago
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I tried to like this hotel - I wanted to, but there are just too many things wrong for me to give a better review. To start off, service in reception was poor, and I can only echo what other reviewers said about some of the senior staff lacking in terms of engagement and empathy. There seemed to be a problem with generating door keys when we arrived (although my colleague got one, no clear why they couldn't make one for me), and I was promised to have one sent up shortly. Of course, nothing, and I was forced to have someone from the hotel staff come with me to open my door several times that evening.

Breakfast was pretty lamentable, and again gruff service on a table that hadn't been cleaned. Finally, the place is increasingly run-down - peeling wall paper, old equipment and bedding, everything seemed in need of a refresher and remodel. The air conditioner in my room rattled louldly, yet when I complained the front desk staff told me there were no more rooms, but offered to send someone to look at it who never came. Even trying to get a bottle of water while waiting in the lobby was a challenge - three staff were chatting away, and acted like they didn't see me when I waved to them multiple times. I didn't feel welcome at all in this hotel, and I won't be back.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank tourismspecialist88

Reviewed January 19, 2013

The room lights did not work till 2nd eve, The breakfast bar was not restocked on 2nd day till it was long past the time to be enthusiastic re breakfast (they did not account for the crowds). My key did not work in lock 3rd day so had to get cleaner to open room every time I went out to pool breakfast bar etc.
The location of hotel was very convenient. The staff did their job but it was with minimal personal input/service as the photos/ reviews indicated. It is 4 star with a welcoming drink and good seafood buffet. The singer with her ipad musical accompanist in the restaurant was a little off putting, sitting so close to me, and was unnecessary in my opinion. The rooftop pool a delight in such hot weather. The air con i room was somewhat noissy and not strongeneough for the heat. I would seek an alternative if in the city again. but it was adequate.

Room Tip: check the light switches work. trial the air con first..
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Overall the stay at the hotel was good. The food coul have been a little better at breakfast. But the rooms were decent and comfortable. Plus it wa located in providencia which is in a better section of Santiago.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

If you are planning to eat outside te hotel then definitely yes, stay here. I found a good bargain in te Internet so I payed like 80€ per night... And for that price: DEFINATELY yes.

But that price doesn't cover te ba taste of the food.. From the plain breakfast to the dinner options, this is DEFINATELY NOT the place to eat

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 26, 2012

This is a good hotel, well equipped (if a little dated), conveniently situated and reasonably priced. HOWEVER! The snooty attitude of some of the senior Hotel staff particularly in the Restaurant and Bar areas, is entirely inappropriate and they should be sent for retraining at the earliest opportunity. Further training in the art of monitoring all seating areas and catching rather than avoiding customers eyes when they are seeking service is highly recommended!

Room Tip: High up. If they have an event going on until the early hours of the morning, you can hear the music...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Good location and a decent standard. A few issues though, I was checked into a room which was already occupied and also never received a message that was left for me. Also I found it a little stuffy, particularly at breakfast.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed here with friends for 5 nights. More a business orientated hotel. In terms of positives: Well located near to metro/shops/restaurants; Rooms decent sized; OK value; Excellent breakfast. Negatives: Furnishings/decor getting dated (1980s) and hotel needs to be refurbished; our first room not that clean (dirty carpet, bathroom, blood on pillow etc); noisy rooms on lower floors (had to complain/move rooms as wedding functions on several nights - up to 4 am!); service a bit stuffy/slow.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends