“Nice hotel wonderful location”

Ranked #26 of 198 Hotels in Santiago
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Nice hotel wonderful location”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We spent 4 night at Marriott Santiago.
Everything was wonderful, except the internet, that we have to pay. And there as an error in my reservation, that should include breakfast. But the crew quickly resolve this issue and the trip was amazing!!

Stayed July 2014
Santiago_Marriott, General Manager at Santiago Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Marina,

We value the feedback from our guests as it helps us improve our services, we appreciate the time taken to share your thoughts on Tripadvisor.
Thank you for choosing Santiago Marriott , we look forward to your return.

Santiago Marriott Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bethany Beach, Delaware
Reviewed July 11, 2014

This was an excellent hotel for either a business stay or for vacation. Amenities include a beautiful pool and outdoor spaces.
The restaurant offered good food, and wonderful service. The outdoor breakfast buffet was outstanding.
Truly a wonderful hotel, in a beautiful city.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Santiago_Marriott, General Manager at Santiago Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Santiago Marriott. It is a pleasure for us to know that the hotel and services provided were of your liking, thank you for your review.
We hope your travel plans bring you back to Santiago so you can visit us again.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Pros:
• Conveniently located by massive shopping center in a safe neighborhood
• Clean, comfortable room
• Top-notch customer service that equals that of higher-end JW Marriott

Cons:
• Breakfast at restaurant is not served until 6:30am, which can be a bit too late for early morning flight. However you can still arrange for a room service earlier.
• Wi-Fi costs money

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Santiago_Marriott, General Manager at Santiago Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear guest,

We are very pleased to know your opinion about the customer service you received at Santiago Marriott. We value your comments and hope to welcome you back on your next trip to our city.

North Ogden, Utah
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I've been at this Marriott for almost three weeks, practically living here. The staff is very friendly and the service is very good. The bellmen have been at my beck and call during my entire stay. They have hailed my cabs, opened doors, carried my stuff - helped me find medicine, dry cleaners...everything. This crew is good enough to name names: Hans, Mathia, Mathias, Anthony, Alejandro have become a second family to me here in Santiago. They all speak English very well, and have helped me with my broken Spanish.

Gabriela in the restaurant has also been a great help - always offering to watch my briefcase while I eat breakfast.

I also had strange problems come up with my hotel bill and the front desk staff fixed any problems right away - even with the communication problems.

The rooms are very clean and I was able to ask for more space in the refrigerator when I bought my own food and drink.

Everything about this stay thus far has been great - this is a level of service that I am not accustomed to with Marriott hotels in the U.S.

Thank you Santiago, Marriott for making my stay as easy as possible!

Room Tip: The rooms that face the daytime sun are a bit more warm and hard to cool down. I recommend staying...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Santiago_Marriott, General Manager at Santiago Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear guest,

We feel very fortunate to have this wonderful team at Santiago Marriott and we know your kind words will inspire them to keep on delivering excellent service to all guests.
We will share your comments with all our staff and we will give special recognition to the staff members you named, thank you for your great review.
We hope to see you on your next trip.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 1, 2014

From the opening of the front door, the service was professional, attentive and pleasant. There was nothing that we lacked when our family stayed at the Santiago Marriott. Congratulations to all on wonderful service and your property.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Santiago_Marriott, General Manager at Santiago Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear guest,

We take pride in what we do and it is always pleasant to hear these efforts do not go unnoticed.
Thank your great review, we look forward to welcome you and your family again.

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed June 21, 2014

This property is a landmark in Santiago's nice district named Las Condes. Tall and modern, the building is very distinct and elegant. The front desk and entrance with the lounge bar playing electronic music sounds fashion during this World Cup season. Two decent restaurants (Cafe Med for breakfast and Latin Grill for dining) facing an artificial cascade complete the good environment at the reception and underground floors. Attached to the hotel there is a commercial tower with some stores at ground level. Breakfast is really good, with a good assortment of treaties and a choice of any style eggs. Menu for dinner has a few options, but the quality is outstanding.The hotel's staff is very friendly and service is above average. Rooms (stayed for five nights in a standard with a king size bed) are the ones that you might expect from the Marriot franchise. Clean, roomy with a fantastic view of the snowy Los Andes. Location is excellent, close to upscale malls,restaurants and a park where you can take a walk in this cold winter morning. For all those ups and a very few downs, I duly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in the west side, facing the Andes.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Santiago_Marriott, General Manager at Santiago Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Silvio,

Thank you for choosing Santiago Marriott, we are glad to hear that we were able to meet your expectations. We value your comments about the food quality and service and we will share them with our staff to encourage them to keep the good work.
We hope to welcome you back again many more times.

Victor Parada
Levittown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I stayed at the Santiago Marriott for business and was there for 3 nights. My room was clean, but they did not service my room until around 4-5pm every day. It was not a problem for me as I was in meetings, just something to note. Wifi is not free at the hotel but it is VERY good quality. I've stayed at places where it is unbearable, it was worth the price to use it. Most of my meals were buffet style and the food was very good! Excellent sushi and my favorite, risotto. You must try a Pisco Sour when you visit, they are delicious. The hotel is near the financial district but there is a great high end mall and supermarket within walking distance. I walked to the mall and felt safe as I browsed the stores.

Room Tip: 1602 has a great view of the mountains
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Santiago_Marriott, General Manager at Santiago Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Stephanie,

It is good to hear that you had a great experience while staying with us and we much appreciate the time taken to share your thoughts.
Thank you for choosing Santiago Marriott, we hope to see soon.

Victor Parada