“Great city, nice hotel.”

Santiago Marriott Hotel
Ranked #29 of 202 Hotels in Santiago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Marriott staff at this place were really great. Very helpful and amenable, including the excellent private taxi drivers that are available for tours.

The place as everyone says, is very pleasant - the lobby is huge and appealling, with a nice coffee bar in the centre. The other restaurants are unfortunately in the basement by the relatively small courtyard which, while pleasant, is the only decent place to be outside in the whole hotel (the swimming pool to the side is very much a motel type experience). The Mediterreanean restaurant verges on poor, the Latin Grill is really excellent though.

I was very pleased with my room on 16th floor with great views - get a corner room with a view if you can, it is wonderful to see the Andes on 2 sides - very comfortable, very clean and very pleasant.

With slightly better outside space and facilities this would be 5 stars without a doubt but I would still be very happy to return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Divesearcher

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I usually go to Santiago for Business trips and stayed in different hotels. I prefer Marriott once the staff is always friendly and willing to help. The location is perfect close to shopping malls and restaurants. Rooms are clean, high quality of sleep and modern furniture.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank marcelo k
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This was a really nice hotel with a staff that bent over backwards to help with anything. We were lucky and got upgraded to a corner suite with beautiful views of the Andes. The executive club also had great views of the Andes and put on a really nice spread for appetizers in the evening. The hotel restaurant was also good and after a 24 hour travel day, a really nice place to eat and relax, live piano music as well. While not in the center of the city, only a 10 minute taxi ride away. Close to one of the stops on the on/off tourist bus which was also a bonus. Rates reasonable for such a nice hotel. Great buffet breakfast included with room rate.

Room Tip: High floor with view of Andes
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank intrepidtraveler23
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Excellent location, rooms well appointed, good support staff (bell boys are the most helpful I have ever encountered in a hotel). Great\efficient breakfast service. Gym good but aircon could do with a tweak. Pity they don`t offer complimentary wifi in the hotel rooms (not sure why a corporate hotel still insists on trying to make money this way?). All said it does what you expect a Marriott hotel to do.

Room Tip: Try to get a mountain view room (great view and quieter location).
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at the Marriott Santiago for the first time a week ago.
I requested a business room, that included access to the lounge located in the 23rd floor.
My room was on the 25th with an amazing view: sunsets behind the mountains.
The hotel could be remodeled a little bit in my opinion. They could offer better toiletries as well. There is not sufficient space for clothing, as there was only one cabinet with a couple of drawers. I think they could add another piece of furniture, given that when traveling a week, it is needed.
The room service was average and the Latin Grill restaurant was not impressive, just fine.
I had grilled salmon as room service, and king crab and lobster appetizer at the Latin Grill that was OK. I also had a glass of wine, but I found all pricy and there was nothing really special.
I used the gym and it was good, they have a sauna and jacuzzi at the ladies room inside the gym.
The lobby area is nice. There is a bar over there, I had a glass of Carmenere, which was good.
The lounge service was great! breakfast and the snacks in the evening were great, the attention to detail and the quality of the food service was really good. And the view is spectacular. I fully recommend to stop by at the lounge if you have access.
I also had a day off in between my working week and took my computer there to work after breakfast and even though there were other customers, I could work with a really nice view.
The only con is that after checking out, a full mini bar was charged to my credit card. I called the hotel to ask for explanation of an amount charged after leaving and I received an invoice with a long list of items that I had not ate or taken. I had noticed that a basket with goods that was present on the first day, it had been removed on the second day and during the rest of my stay, but I did not call to mention it at that moment, as usually I do not use the mini bar. I explained the situation to the manager over the phone, and she apologized and said they were going to refund it.
In addition, there are restaurants located at 10 minutes form the hotel. I went to three of them and were all good: Ibis, La Pescaderia and Puerto Fuy. I also recommend Aquí esta Coco, located a bit farer, but it worths to visit it. All seafood specialties.

Room Tip: High floor if possible and away from elevators.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I Have been before in this hotel , and just recently stay once more. I Found out a better service on part of all the employees , WHICH IN THE PAST I DIDN'T EXPERICENCE AT ALL LEVELS.
From the momment I check in at the hotel UNTIL I CHECK OUT, ALL THE STAFF WAS VERY DILIGENT, and this makes the stay at Santiago Marriott very comfortable .
Besides the Hotle has an excelent location in front of OF ARAUCO SHOPPING CENTER.
I sincerely recommend this Hotel besides the prices are very reasonable.

Room Tip: Whwen you ask for a room, please ask for a room that is at least above the 14th floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2013

It is a very beautiful And modern building. So close To the Parque Arauco shopping that you can go walking. And This is defnitly a good point. The rooms are big And clean. Awesome bed. Great pool, sauna And gym. The staff is always helpful And Nice. We had dinner And breakfast there everynight And everyday. Excellent food!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family